• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:27 AM

Well, some more info came out today.

http://www.theinquir...x?article=35195

Wow, that is a huge 3dmark06 score!!! I get like 6000 with my 7900gt, this thing is twice as fast!!!!!!! Holy crap, I want one!! :pray:

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:07 AM

''Not quite enough to beat R600 from what I hear though"... :pray:

#3 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:26 AM

hmmmm... well, time to check out nVidia's new cards (I really need a new one soon :pray: )

#4 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

Get ready to upgrade those PSU's too :)

#5 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:08 PM

View PostBlueScreenOfDeath, on Oct 20 2006, 01:07 PM, said:

Get ready to upgrade those PSU's too :)

LOL, yeah no kidding!! I am hoping my 750 watt Silverstone will run it ok. I have read a few reviews on it that said it will pull 900 watts continuously so I am not sure.

#6 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

I just read some more info on the upcoming card!!

NVIDIA told all of its partners that it simply won't allow the overclocking of G80 cards. It doesn't want another Geforce 7900 GT overclocking fiasco that caused a too high return rate for the cards.
Remember, Nvidia didn't allow anyone to overclock Geforce 7950 GX2 and they all worked at the same reference 500MHz clocks as this was what Nvidia guaranteed for these cards.

We still beleive that there is a chance that some Geforce 8800 GTX and GTS might end up a little bit faster, as some of the vendors depends on that. Maybe you can overclock the water-cooled card if anyone makes one. µ

G80 CHIPS are selling like hot cakes. Well not in etail or retail, but Nvidia's partners are gagging to get hold of them. Those busy bees are making cards to have them ready for your enjoyment on the 7th of November.
As world + dog knows, both G80s, Geforce 8800 GTX and GTS, are going to be performers and ATI won’t have any competition to put up against it before Yule, so everyone wants a piece of this cake.

Indications are that G80s will disappear as they launch and that there will be in tight supply for the first six weeks at least.

If you want one, be sure to order it on the 7th or 8th as soon as they go online, as you might need to wait a while for the second batch.

It smells like Nvidia partners might even increase the suggested retail price to earn some extra bucks. Of course, Nvidia says it doesn’t sanction such an action. It grumbled last time, after 7900 GTX prices were in the roof for the first few weeks. µ
The Inquirer

Looks like you better get em quick, and don't overclock em!!

#7 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

You'd have to be retarded to overclock something that expensive.........

Also, why aren't we given any conclusive information on how much the cards will actually consume for watts? Says November 8th, and I wouldnt mind knowing..........

Edited by godless, 20 October 2006 - 07:25 PM.

#8 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

I thought it was going to take 450 watts, but I could be wrong. The release is soon, and I want to see some actual pics not just the theorized pics or whatever that are out there.

#9 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:12 AM

i'm with godless on this, would be nice to see power consumption before you just order the gpu, and skip the beefy psu to accompany it, unless you already have a big kahuna amp monster.

#10 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:56 AM

I have a 650 atm... dunno if it'll do for my current rig upgraded with this though...

#11 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:06 AM

i think it will reflect on the amps more so, as wattage ratings tend to vary from unit to unit, amps being the quality clue, along with operating temps at the rated output.

#12 godless

godless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:13 AM

I've seen pictures of it, I'll see if I can find them... I'm really not sure about the watt consumption, it just wouldnt make sense for them to consume that much watts (hopefully)..... The pictures, were from a Chinese site though (not official pictures)

#13 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:22 AM

View Postgodless, on Oct 20 2006, 06:13 PM, said:

I've seen pictures of it, I'll see if I can find them... I'm really not sure about the watt consumption, it just wouldnt make sense for them to consume that much watts (hopefully)..... The pictures, were from a Chinese site though (not official pictures)
lol. i think the pics are on it, just the wattage... :)

#14 godless

godless

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:25 AM

HardOCP G80 Spy Pics

I heard from one site, they will consume 300 watts, thats a lot more then what my psu can handle. I've also heard that the gpu will have its own psu thats comes with it.. Who the hell knows, I wouldnt mind some official news.... :)

Edited by godless, 21 October 2006 - 01:30 AM.

#15 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:41 AM

''...the 300 watt consumption rumors". i dunno, but this is "flagship" part we are talking here, so i guess they expect every man jack to have the big psu, or buy a gpu add on unit...which would be ghey...oops, its' own psu supplied? oh man, i smell a scam, or some odd arraignment:"you will need the nvidia type power connectors attached to the gpu for full function. other types will void warranty, and not allow said gpu to deliver full performance".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users