...runs like a son-of-a-gun... :jerry: <_<

#18 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:58 AM

Damn!

That's a pity....... :rolleyes:

<_<

Edited by scaramonga, 21 November 2006 - 03:00 AM.

#19 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:03 AM

View Postscaramonga, on Nov 20 2006, 06:58 PM, said:

Damn!

That's a pity....... :rolleyes:

<_<
:jerry:

#20 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:33 AM

magiciso went on without an issue. dvdfab platinum, however, had one...an unsigned driver which vista claims would not install. i just opened the app, seems to do what it does. the vista program uninstall is lacking, sadly. i had to use spybots' uninstaller to remove a failed logitech webcam driver install (tisk tisk, vista should have stock drivers for it: after all, it is a logitech <_< ). i had to manually uninstall piece by piece, and do a regedit to rid the system of the failed attempt :jerry:

#21 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:41 AM

well, i had to try it...not really a fan of these apps to begin with...a "registry cleaner"...(yes, i might have fallen from the technorati bandwagon, and plummeted, hurling with abandon, toward certain OS destruction guided by industry hype and urban legend!). i am still experiencing uptime atm, even after tossing caution to the wind, and "cleaning" my 64 bit vista rtm registry with: CleanMyPC reg cleaner
so far, so good. my reasoning was that the app uninstaller in vista is wimpy at best ( i had to use Spybot S&Ds' app uninstall option just last night, on the stubborn failed logitech quickcam driver debacle), and i wanted any junky gunk off my wondrous happy vista <_< i am knocking on wood, but it appears that all is well, despite this momentary lapse of reason on my part...

#22 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:04 AM

ah, and the beauteous WMP11 hosting my beloved "groovesalad"...priceless:

Attached File  soma.jpg   439.34K   44 downloads

soma!

#23 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:40 AM

Update: members are reporting great success with media center and tv cards! heck, if i can get "Gilligan's' island" in HD...oh man! <_< :jerry:

#24 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:34 AM

and as was posted by nvyseal, office '07 in vista:
Attached File  office1.jpg   287.7K   48 downloads
man, it is very responsive installed in vista. maybe using office will keep me from bouncing checks this holiday season... :unsure:

#25 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:47 AM

i don't believe it! no, really! one of my fav apps, which had had troubles with vista (aero), is working awesome! Terragen now works super great in RTM Vista x64. i had many freezes prior to installing the RTM. no more. even with the "beta" gpu drivers and whatnot, i am having reduced rendering times, and none of the freezes/crashes. happy(ish)? yes!

Attached File  terragen.jpg   282.63K   47 downloads

#26 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:14 PM

Cool, its nice to see you're happy ! :unsure:
I cant wait to update my rigs, im still on RC :D

#27 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:18 AM

well, i must have lived in a cave or the like, as i have always cringed when i run into .mov files i would love to play back, thinking that i would need bloated JOBSWARE on my rig to accomplish this. happily, i have installed PowerDVD on my 64 bit rtm vista install, and have found i can now enjoy the mysterious .mov without the scent of the applecult on my system :cheers:
Attached File  mov0.jpg   384.08K   32 downloads

Attached File  mov1.jpg   476.3K   37 downloads

#28 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:51 AM

ok...despite my earlier mention of refusing to use windows mail...i am now a fan. no, really. chriso and i decided to get domain names and the like, and go in on a host to share. he is using outlook, and had no issues setting up his domain email accounts. i, on the other hand, had all sorts of issues when trying to get mine going using thunderbird mail client. in fact, after what appeared to be a proper setup, it turns out that none of my email accounts would work...well, after an uninstall of thunderbird, and a quick setup in windows mail, i now have all my accounts working, domain and otherwise. happy(ish)? :cheers:
Attached File  windowsmail.jpg   326.39K   40 downloads

#29 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:22 AM

well, the new Vista RTM Nvidia gpu drivers are on, and running great! thank you scaramonga for posting these on the portal!!! :cheers: :rofl:
Attached File  nvidiagpu.jpg   432.59K   43 downloads

#30 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:09 AM

i know many of you have used "CCleaner" in the past (though earlier versions were ran on a then fledgling 64 bit xp, with mixed results...). and you also know my take on similar apps (yes, i am chicken little when it comes to professed instant system "fixer uppers")...but this works. and well. i noticed an instant speed increase opening applications, in the vista gui response times, etc. vista does have the odd nook and cranny (which have a tendency to collect all sorts of redundant info), and this app sheds a light on, and seems to clean up, the "crap" :bluerip:
http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users