#1 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:07 AM

OK all...

Now.. I got a crappy lil p4 3.2 Ghz that literally stinks. Its great for work.. but for folding.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ive seen way better
*cough- viper's boxes -cough.*

Now if you have a duo core... I reaaaaaaaaaaaally encourage you to learn something new... get linux/vmware/smp running and watch... your points will atleast triple!

The reason Im bringing this up is... Ive finished 3 work units... and Im in the top 13 on the team. That should not be. Im scratchin my head here...

So heres a challenge... You already have one Viper name showing in the TOP 20 list... how long will it take all of you duo cores.. to shove me off the top 20 list altogether :) I know camaro is behind me right now but he wont be for long... so who else should I be watching for coming to take my spot???????

You only have till May 15th... maybe ... Ill be leaving for Vipers May 19th and retiring the p4 altogether that or Viper will have his new AMD by then and will be throwing his other other boxes my way :rofl:)

SO... can yah really handle having two Vipers in the top 20???? I dont think you should...

Sooo lets see... can ya get me off????

:offtopic:
:dancing4:

Edited by Vipers_Girl666, 24 April 2007 - 08:41 AM.

#2 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:32 AM

yeah, i'd get ya off, if i could get ubuntu to work with my setup. F_cking biostar board doen't like ANY linux distro yet! I have tried live versions, installing through VMware, etc...nothing. Hell, i have yet to get the smp client to work with vista x86.

#3 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Apr 24 2007, 01:32 AM, said:

yeah, i'd get ya off, if i could get ubuntu to work with my setup. F_cking biostar board doen't like ANY linux distro yet! I have tried live versions, installing through VMware, etc...nothing. Hell, i have yet to get the smp client to work with vista x86.

Have you tried open suse 10.3 alpha? Viper has a biostar board he got with his AMD brisbane 1.9 and its folding its ass off on a cardboard box in the basement :offtopic:)
You need to go into the bios and turn APCI off and it should fire right up.

Suse.. is kick ass.. I like it... cuz it has civ as one of its games :rofl:)

VPG

Edited by Vipers_Girl666, 24 April 2007 - 06:16 AM.

#4 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:13 AM

yea Christo with that APCI off in the bios it fires right up on SUSE Im guess it will on Ubuntu also.other wise it hangs on boot

#5 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

~edit~

although I already have installed linux I still need to keep Windows running most of time, so...

I'm gonna have my linux/vmware/smp running soon :offtopic:

#6 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

I would like to run Suse 10.2 x64 on my dual Opty. Last time I installed it I could not get the SMP to install. I concluded that the commands in Suse were much different than in Ubuntu. Being a Linux n00b I decided to stay with Ubuntu because I am more familiar with it. But in all honosty Suse was the distro I was hoping to learn. So now that I am a little familiar with Ubuntu how much do you think it would take for me to set up Suse and the SMP? :offtopic:

#7 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

I certainly agree if not running linux only get Vmware an run it with the smp,

#8 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

View PostUSM, on Apr 24 2007, 09:25 AM, said:

I would like to run Suse 10.2 x64 on my dual Opty. Last time I installed it I could not get the SMP to install. I concluded that the commands in Suse were much different than in Ubuntu. Being a Linux n00b I decided to stay with Ubuntu because I am more familiar with it. But in all honosty Suse was the distro I was hoping to learn. So now that I am a little familiar with Ubuntu how much do you think it would take for me to set up Suse and the SMP? :offtopic:

US youll get it... suse is sweeeeeeeeeeeet and viper is around.. you know he will help you :rofl:
Welcome to the other side :) or am I welcoming you too early ;)

Oh yeah.. US.. I am coming for ya ;):P:P and i dont have linux/vm/smp ....

VG

#9 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

View PostVipers_Girl666, on Apr 24 2007, 10:24 AM, said:

US youll get it... suse is sweeeeeeeeeeeet and viper is around.. you know he will help you ;)
Welcome to the other side ;) or am I welcoming you too early :P

Oh yeah.. US.. I am coming for ya :P:P:P and i dont have linux/vm/smp ....

VG
Comming for me huh :) if you werent vipers girl I'd send ya my address. :P If your comming for my posistion in team stats better step it up rookie!!! :offtopic: And no I am going to Install Suse 10.2, I have always liked the looks of KDE better. And Suse was the first distro I got to connect to the Internet, that was quite a while ago I think the ver # was in the 5 range. I hope to have Suse installed today sometime. So viper will probably be hearing from me soon about that. :rofl:

#10 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

View PostUSM, on Apr 24 2007, 10:48 AM, said:

Comming for me huh ;) if you werent vipers girl I'd send ya my address. :P If your comming for my posistion in team stats better step it up rookie!!! :offtopic: And no I am going to Install Suse 10.2, I have always liked the looks of KDE better. And Suse was the first distro I got to connect to the Internet, that was quite a while ago I think the ver # was in the 5 range. I hope to have Suse installed today sometime. So viper will probably be hearing from me soon about that. :)

LOL @ sending me your addy :P Youre not far from me either... I go throug michagan often when I go see viper ;) You must have seen my butt pic viper posted in the old forum ;)
USM ... I ammmmmmmmmmmmmmm coming for you *cackles*

Viper should be around in about an hour or so :P so if ya have any questions about open suse... fire them then ;) Even though itll prolly take me longer to catch you... thats alright.. I only have till the 17th :P
so IM on a mission :P)

:rofl:

VG

#11 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:14 AM

View Postviper666, on Apr 23 2007, 11:13 PM, said:

yea Christo with that APCI off in the bios it fires right up on SUSE Im guess it will on Ubuntu also.other wise it hangs on boot
Freaking cool, got it to work. Now i just need to do an install and see how it goes...

#12 viper666

viper666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Apr 25 2007, 01:14 AM, said:

Freaking cool, got it to work. Now i just need to do an install and see how it goes...
I got it in the basement on 10.2 with the built in OC on high folding away. I had it super OCed but one of the Corsair memory sticks smoked. So I slowed it down, but it will run 533 ram 4-4-4-13 and 307 fsb LOL

#13 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Apr 25 2007, 02:14 AM, said:

Great news :P cant wait to see the points!

:sphere:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users