8 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

images/news/ps3.jpgFor all you Crazy PS3 Fanboys...

Sony's PS3 firmware update is scheduled tomorrow. Sure, 2.00 might sound like a magical milestone, but in reality there's not a whole lot here that's going to revolutionize your gaming experience, and sadly nothing yet to bring online communication and play to parity with Xbox Live and Xbox's handy dandy dashboard. That said, Sony is strengthening some of the PS3's unique features, like the new Remote Start function that lets you fire up your PS3 remotely when you're accessing it with your PSP, and playlists for music and photos. One of the biggest "additions" is DualShock 3 support, but that's so laughably last-gen that it's hardly worth noting. Sony is also packing in the ability to create and share your own Themes for XMB, and a news ticker that will eventually make way for the importing of your own RSS feeds. Sony also added a new XMB group to the main menu to pave the way for Home and other internets-friendly features, and -- oddly enough -- Canon printer support to really round out the package. The update will be available in the States tomorrow, November 8th.

Thanks Joystiq

#2 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:49 PM

Pretty disappointing. A full point release is supposed to be a big change. I guess they don't plan on any big changes anytime soon.

#3 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

This sucks!! Sony you suck!!!!!!!!!!! Get your head out of your butt and give us something good!!!

#4 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:23 AM

FYI, it's 10:30 here right now and I am almost done downloading the update already. Seems it came out a bit early. Go get it!!!

#5 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

View Postchriso_86, on Nov 7 2007, 08:23 PM, said:

FYI, it's 10:30 here right now and I am almost done downloading the update already. Seems it came out a bit early. Go get it!!!
Is it worth stopping my folding for the update?

#6 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:33 AM

No, pretty gay update if you ask me!! Nothing new that I see really. What a waste. Seriously now Sony!!!

#7 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:41 AM

View Postchriso_86, on Nov 7 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

No, pretty gay update if you ask me!! Nothing new that I see really. What a waste. Seriously now Sony!!!
OK, :scara:

#8 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

Preliminary FAH test:

v1.93 - 0.0336 S/Frame

v2.00 - 0.0366 S/Frame

That's a performance regression. It's about one minute more per work unit. :scara:

Edit:
It's speeding up slowly. At 0.0352 S/Frame right now. Still underwhelmed though. The whole upgrade is pretty useless, especially the information bar.

#9 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

Yup yup, couldn't agree more. Brew you could make a x64bit customized theme for us!!! hehehe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users