#1 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:45 AM

images/news/hardware.jpgProcessor reviews tend to focus on performance, and rightly so. We all want to see how well the latest silicon plays games, encodes media files, renders scenes, and performs various other tasks. But performance isn't the only metric that's important for CPUs. For instance, power consumption and energy efficiency are also an important piece of the puzzle, as is the actual cost of the chip. In their comparison of 16 different CPUs from Intel and AMD, The Tech Report attempts to show exactly how much bang you'll get from dropping your hard-earned bucks on a particular CPU.

Of special interest to x64bit is Tech Report's inclusion of a Folding@Home benchmark. We encourage everyone to join our Folding@Home team to help advance medical research. You can learn more in our forum.

The Tech Report

#2 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:40 AM

Very interesting report. Thanks Brewman.

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:07 AM

yep, i'm a "3800" kinda guy from now on :talker:

#4 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

Interesting!! My processor made the list!! Also, the quad core that I'm wanting to get also made their honorable mention so it looks like I know how to pick em!!

#5 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

It was a nice reading... a very good and complete report.

Thanks Brewin :talker:

#6 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

It seems like a good base line to start but there are so many varibles I believe it would be very hard to make a real world determination. The results are inconclusive in some cases. and the benchmarks could have been different for example the folding could use the multicore client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users