#1 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:13 AM

http://www.theinquir.../?article=41921

The problems stem from SecuROM, a DRM infection of unconscionable proportions, brought to you by the good people of Sony, again. 2KGames took the anti-user step of hurting paying customers with this malware in order to prevent piracy, but if you don't want to end up with a system filled with unremovable malformed registry keys and an uninstallable coaster, your only recourse is to pirate it.

What SecuROM does is phone home and activate, the same way MS malware in WGA and Vista does. If you install the game twice, it will keep you from installing a third time...

:cheers:

#2 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:29 AM

BShock has a bunch of problems right now, the DRM included. But since the game rocks faces and is the best thing since HL2, I'll play it to the end and then just reformat.

Besides, '2K Games' thinks I live in Baltimore. :cheers:

#3 Visentinel

Visentinel

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Or buy it and install via Steam, then you use Steams Engine for anti piracy not securom :cheers: - When i buy games now i only concider steam or then i pirate. Gotta love Valve.

#4 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

That's the fun part Vi. I bought it via Steam too and still got SecureROM errors. A lot of people did. See here and here. There are a lot more stories out there about this too. It sucks. ♠

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users