#16 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:09 AM

View Postgodless, on Oct 20 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

I'm still scared about the price which is like $1,000... That video is amazing though, and I finally get to see water in DX10. :)

It is pretty cool looking. The next good-quality Youtube/Google Video I see will be the first though. They always look like dial-up .CMD64 videos. :talker:

#17 adriandkicks

adriandkicks

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Quaddys already are influencing games. Look at the boost games like sup com get from haveing a quad core over a dual core. My mate has a Q6600 (oced to 3.6GHZ) and I have an X6800 *dual core) running at ~4.3GHZ phase changed and 2x Geforce 8800GTS 640mb in SLI and he has a single 8800GTX I have 4GB of ram and he has 2GB we both are running XP X64 with the same drivers (I set his system up for him, Trust me they have the latest drivers) and he runs all up and down me in sup com with all details on full with some AA and you can litterally see the difference a quad core makes in thos SMP optimised games. I do get closer in performance after a mass battle starts as my RAm and GFX takes me up a level in performance there but his system just feel much nicer while playing SUP COM

Edit: Sorry didnt realise this thread was so old...Didnt mean o revive a dead thread.

Edited by adriandkicks, 13 July 2007 - 08:51 AM.

#18 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:00 AM

Yes, the newest DX10 games (and some DX9 too) are already taking advantage of multicores.

Crysis is an example... it has been recently optimised for multicore :lust: Cant wait ! :P

More here: http://www.x64bit.net/site/board/index.php...ost&p=42149

Related info: http://www.x64bit.net/site/board/index.php...ost&p=37418

Edit: Sorry didnt realise this thread was so old...Didnt mean o revive a dead thread.

Dont worry, topic revival is cool. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users