Portal Poll #1

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Portal Poll #1

How many working computers do you have?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:52 PM

My main desktop, an a laptop, also got my wife's, my old one, and am looking to build a dedicated server, or linux box. Course I have been looking to do that for along time

#17 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

I counted all the computers in the house 7 desktops (all connected to internet) and three laptops also connected

#18 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

View Postsimon, on Jun 27 2007, 10:44 AM, said:

I counted all the computers in the house 7 desktops (all connected to internet) and three laptops also connected
Either you have a big house or there's not much space left! :roadrunner:

Just a personal note : Yesterday night I moved my computer to my room in the basement. It's right beside my TV so now I can play on my PS2 as well as on my computer AT THE SAME TIME! It's amazing what we can do with technology these days... lol seriously with the side closed in the basement it's a couple degrees cooler than with the side open upstairs. I like it :lol:

#19 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:01 AM

1 Working PC (I don't really need another one, my current PC is powerful enough)

3 Pc's that are in pieces

#20 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

I got my main desktop, laptop, domain server, music server, and then three other desktops upstairs that anyone in the family can use for whatever, and my ps3 that is running linux as well.

#21 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

I run two full systems. One is x64 which is my production system and an x32 system for certain hardware. My phone, digital recorder, and digital camera all have software that will not install to x64. That is why I use the x32. I tried the MS Virtual PC 2007 and it works perfectly. I can go from the host system (x64) to a virtual os (x32) by just moving the cursor across the screen. However, a drawback to the VPC is that the USB ports do not function in VPC. If they did, I could shut down the x32 system and never turn it on. Perhaps USB will be a function that MS will add later. Regardless, the VPC ranks as a pretty neat idea...talker. :unsure:

#22 RJsPC

RJsPC

Sponge Bob Guru Pants

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

I'm back up to 5 (no lappys)
Not to long ago I was running 8, but the wife made me kill all but one of them
I no longer live with the wife (we are getting along better than ever now that I live in my own house, hehe) so I am only limited by the electric bill, and 5 is more than enough ATM

:unsure:

#23 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

Here is a update to the Virtual PC attempt. I d/l and tried VM Ware's Workstation 6. It has native USB support. I have the VPC set up with Windows 2000 Pro as the Guest OS but have not had a chance to load any of the gadget software. I did noticed that with the VM Tools feature installed I get the same ability to move from the Host OS (XPx64) to the Guest (W2K) by just moving the mouse cursor. I also found out that I can drag and drop files from one OS to the other. This appears to be something that will be useful in the future. Even though I have never tried Linux, I am tempted to see if it will respond as the Windows OSs do. I post more later...talker. :unsure:

Edited by talker, 10 July 2007 - 01:02 PM.

#24 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

that's cool talker :unsure: i'm gonna have to try that vm stuff...

#25 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

that's cool talker :unsure: i'm gonna have to try that vm stuff...downloading now.

#26 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

its amazing to find the average home has more than2 PC's in it

#27 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Jul 11 2007, 11:07 AM, said:

its amazing to find the average home has more than2 PC's in it
lol I don't think people here really represent the "average" people, but I think you're right, I think most homes are moving towards having multiple comuters. People upgrading their computer give them to the children (or in my case to the parent :lust:) instead of disposing of it I guess, so that makes the number of computers go up. Just my thoughts.

#28 error51

error51

Elite Newsposter

• Newsposter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:24 PM

Well personally I have 3 laptops... Windows 2000 on one... Windows XP on another... and Windows Vista on the last one.

At work I have two desktops and a laptop in my office which I use daily as well as about 7-10 desktops that I'm playing with to make work. You've just gotta have company for all your computers... they need to talk. O yeah and I almost forgot... I'm always messing with my 4 servers and the 57 other systems in service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users