Consumers favour HD DVD over Blu-ray due to negative perception of Sony

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: HD vs. Blu-ray

Would you get HD or Blu-ray

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 bluerip

bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:13 AM

View Postchriso_86, on May 23 2007, 11:04 AM, said:

Well, if you have the TV, the willpower, and the money to drive then take another look yes. The amount of movies available in both formats has more then doubled in the last 6 months which is a good rate if you ask me.

Price is the driving concern here . I'm glad the price it is coming down. Maybe by Xmas... Who knows? As for the testing the next time I go to Best Buy I'll put the sales guy to the test. Sounds like fun, aye? :lol:

#17 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:22 AM

Those guys don't know jack!!!!!!! You need to go to Fry's they always have somewhat smart people.

#18 godless

godless

GTA 4 is a ps2 relic with better graphics...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

View Postchriso_86, on May 18 2007, 08:09 PM, said:

Well, I would say Blu ray is pulling ahead. They are getting more and more movies out at a far better rate then HD DVD is doing. Which in my opinion is the way to win the war. They are also getting their players a lot cheaper. I have decided to no longer buy HD DVD movies for my player, I think it is going to lose.

It will lose, and if you mark current numbers it has lost the war, way more available titles, way more blu-ray players sold. I believe the numbers were 1 million Blu-ray drives, and 1 hundred thousand HD-DVD drives, dont quote me, but i know blu-ray is kicking their ass..

#19 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

Dude, I agree with you. But the way you said that makes it sound like you disagree or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users