97 replies to this topic

#16 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

any word on the x64 version? i didn't care for the nvidia video drivers with the last 64 bit release...

#17 mandrake

mandrake

Perpetual Insomniac

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:24 AM

I certainly hope, given the delay, that a solid 64bit release is pending.

#18 theman

theman

x64 Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:14 AM

There is a 64bit version on connect now. What I'm wondering is why I can't activate, with a key given to me by Connect itself! But otherwise, its a really nice build.
Here's some screens..

Ultimate Extras
Attached File  ultimate_extras.JPG   199.18K   2028 downloads
Contacts
Attached File  contacts.JPG   178.99K   1342 downloads
Calander
Attached File  calander.JPG   148.35K   1005 downloads
Fax and Scan
Attached File  fax_and_scan.JPG   179.03K   1052 downloads
New Remote Assistance wizard
Attached File  remote_assistance.JPG   144.81K   1236 downloads

Edited by theman, 27 March 2006 - 10:42 AM.

#19 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

Someone mentioned this elsewhere "The servers for activating arent up yet, they will be on Tuesday" or something.

#20 Conty

Conty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:14 PM

When i try to install this on a separate partition after the 2nd reboot its screws up and i just get a blinking pointer at top left of screen. thennit reboots again and then goes into a Windows RollBack thing. So it basically wont install :S. Anyone have any ideas as i want do dual boot it so i dont lose my previous copy of XP SP2 with all my fiiles.

Ive tried like 3 times now to install these on my 2HD, its a physical drive so i thought i would have no probs, its lets me install any other version of windows but this one seems to go wrong. ive tried booting from the cd and also trying it from my previous version of window XP.

(32Bit and 64Bit, it also did the same fro 5308 versions) are the ones ive tried i would like to get the 64bit 5432 working on dual boot if possible, Hope someone can help, thanx in advance

My specs:

AMD 64Bit 3000+
1.5GB DDR 400
512 MB X1800 Radeon
80GB IDE HD is what trying to install to

#21 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:20 PM

Right firstly check your download and Burn to dvd is ok. - also try installing from HDD
Vista only likes NTFS so make sure your drive is properly formatted

If you've done all of this sometimes it can be because of your DVD drive or other hardware that this build doesnt like on your system. Remember its beta still!

Other than that, problems that stopped me enjoying 5270 were not obvious. I couldn't do anything to fix!
I had two 80GB hard drives.

Should vista mess up your boot with XP there is a fix. Dont panic! Go Here

#22 Conty

Conty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

OK ive checke the DVD burnt ok, i have a pioneer 107 dvd writter, seems fine as boots is readable. but still i get this wierd error, and it wont install :S any other ideas? ive even tried running it from virtual drive, same thing :S.

#23 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

Maybe you need to burn at a slower speed.

Try installing ISO from hard drive. What i mean is extract the contents with winrar and install from within windows to your other Hard drive.

#24 Conty

Conty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:41 PM

How would i do this as the 64 bit version doesnt install via windows xp 32 does it? i get an error, or do you mean do it via dos somehow? when i burnt the dvd i burnt at 4speed, i do all my dvds that way as only a 8speed wirtter. Thanx for the FIXBOOT thing my boot started to look real bad lol, thats a nice fix :P if you could explain to me exactly what you mean by installing from HDD, i will extract it all to a folder now, that would be great :P

Thanx again :0

EDIT

Also when i open up the DVD ISO with winrar all i see is one txt file, in it says

"This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."

this is the 32 bit version 5342

Edited by Conty, 27 March 2006 - 03:44 PM.

#25 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

To install from HDD it would need to be a 64bit OS you were doing it from unless you got a 32bit version of Vista to install.

Are you installing the client or the server version from your disc? We can't provide the key here but depending on what key you use you get a different install.

If you use Server key on the DVD you get Server version
If you use Client key on DVD you get Client version

Go grab a 32bit version if 64bit doesn't work :P

This is all i know :P

#26 Conty

Conty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:48 PM

well ive tried the 32 bit version too :S and the key i use is the one that comes with the download from newzbin. the client one. its starts the install gets about half way across the bottom of the screen in the green bar, if not 2 3rds across, then restarts and goes into the rollback thing :S sorry to keep asking questions, just wierd ive always tested things like this and they work lol, damn M$ ive had the old old longhorn working same way just this one doesnt want to :P sad

thanx anyways.

How do i extract the files from a ISO? cos when i open with winrar i only see 1 txt file like above?

Edited by Conty, 27 March 2006 - 03:54 PM.

#27 Conty

Conty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

ok well i couldnt figure out how to extract the files from the ISO, so i mounted it on Daemon Tools and Extacted the files this way, its now starting the install of the 32bit client, we will see how far it lets me go this time lol, thanx for all your help, i will get back to you :P

#28 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

Excellent! good to hear :P

WinISO also works well for extracting contents. The ISO you have is clearly from Microsoft so they are packed differently. Winrar wont open that one.

#29 Conty

Conty

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

OK well i tried that and got some thing happen :S ireally dont kow what is happening lol, here is a screenie of the last screen i see before it restarts and then goes BooM lol. The little green bar goes alittle further but didnt know when to take the pic

Posted Image

Any other ideas woulkd be great the version this was trying to install is this one from newzbin

Thanx again

Edited by Conty, 27 March 2006 - 06:35 PM.

#30 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

I think your system isnt destined for this build, i had the same problem with 5270 as i mentioned earlier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users