71 replies to this topic

#46 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:25 AM

if you are talking about getting the feisty fawn going thats for a single core cpu, USM is talking about.

#47 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

Yes Cam is right, I have always wondered how the standard 32-bit Linux client would stand up to the standard Windows 32-bit client. As long as I have a single core 32-bit client running 24/7, I figure why not get the most out of it. :)

Edited by USM, 16 May 2007 - 12:56 PM.

#48 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:39 PM

Dang Camaro!! You are kicking but these days!!! Thanks dude!!!!!!!!!!

#49 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:55 PM

View PostCamaro, on May 16 2007, 01:25 AM, said:

if you are talking about getting the feisty fawn going thats for a single core cpu, USM is talking about.

View PostUSM, on May 16 2007, 08:54 AM, said:

Yes Cam is right, I have always wondered how the standard 32-bit Linux client would stand up to the standard Windows 32-bit client. As long as I have a single core 32-bit client running 24/7, I figure why not get the most out of it. :angry:

Ah, I gotcha. :)

#50 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

Now How do we recruit more members to our cause, our team. We all have freinds that have no idea of what F@H means. WE need to take the time to explain what this means to our world. I guess I am calling on all rookies to expose your close friends to exactly what folding for the world entails. Not only that but the team cometition that keeps folding alive. If you beat me then I strive to beat you by what ever means it takes. Spread the word rookies, build our team, the power of a rookie is unlimited. Show this team this power!!! :lol:

#51 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on May 15 2007, 11:22 PM, said:

...and you just passed me up :yahoo:

:)

:talker:

:lol:
I am the Eye in the Sky. Allan Parsons. Get ur rookie butts in this thread!!! :yahoo:

#52 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:07 AM

Hmm as far as i can see we have 13 active folders here right now. Yes I have spread my systems around a lil more than norm. But I am still here folding. We have to put all our heads together and recruit. No new members no new points. Lets start some input and figure this out together! :BFDave: We need more teamates it is as simple as that!~ :clarky: Suggestions Please!

#53 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:04 AM

i had a weird one today (using the MS gui client)...i installed ntune to check temps, and after i clicked the desktop shortcut to see what it does, my system rebooted. when i got back to the desktop, F@H reloaded like it always does. but my almost finished WU had vanished! nothing to show for 18 hours of folding! i tried editing the work file, but no love. i have to start over tonight... :BFDave: sorry guys...

#54 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:14 AM

It happpens MO, no way around it. You will be good loss is not uncommon! :BFDave:

#55 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:16 AM

View PostUSM, on May 30 2007, 07:07 PM, said:

Hmm as far as i can see we have 13 active folders here right now. Yes I have spread my systems around a lil more than norm. But I am still here folding. We have to put all our heads together and recruit. No new members no new points. Lets start some input and figure this out together! :BFDave: We need more teamates it is as simple as that!~ :talker: Suggestions Please!
100% dedication :clarky: to our team? :sofa:

#56 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:21 AM

:BFDave: Im trying my best to get em all fired up! I think it will happen! :clarky:

Edited by USM, 31 May 2007 - 03:22 AM.

#57 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:25 AM

Still having some random problems of lost WU's but I'm doing the best I can ! Heh, as long as I can keep that 6th position in 24h average, I'll be happy. I just CAN'T outperform USM and the others, not with that single little system I got. Or maybe with that fx-60 I've been looking at for a while... :BFDave: It still costs some big money though...

#58 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:30 AM

View Posthog, on May 30 2007, 08:25 PM, said:

Still having some random problems of lost WU's but I'm doing the best I can ! Heh, as long as I can keep that 6th position in 24h average, I'll be happy. I just CAN'T outperform USM and the others, not with that single little system I got. Or maybe with that fx-60 I've been looking at for a while... :BFDave: It still costs some big money though...
check your folding que every once in a while i see 1 or 2 in there that have not been reported. I stop the folding client alltogether, and restart it and they seem to report. You may need to do this a few times

#59 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:39 AM

View Posthog, on May 30 2007, 11:25 PM, said:

Hog U do what U can do and that makes you a top TROOPER you will experience problems, the people that handel this problem, seperate the men from the boys! Dont give up Hog, run it , figure it , and master it!!! :clarky:

#60 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

Hehe thanks for the support guys, that's what keeps teammates bound together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users