bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:35 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Apr 24 2007, 06:52 PM, said:

i am unable to express the sheer frustratuin (i am unable to usetha delete key, as it has been replaced by "print-screen...pleas bere with me...). after hours of attempts to get my audio going in ubuntu, i installled mandriva...twice, and finally got audo, olyl to find my optical drives are not recognized...a third install, and i am able to use "sound juicer" toplay back audio. but now my keyboard is somehow corupt, and in the process, i lost my windows partition. so now, not only am i running the poorest excuse of an OS (thay all were, all the linux i tried... just crap). i now have to reinstall windows to at least have a funtioning OS, ttttttttttwith working keyboardm, dvd playback, etc, what a copmplete wast of tinm. never again...

:( sorry, but this reminds me of talking after seeing the dentist and having a numb face. At first I thought you were joking and I was thinking this is brilliant !, then reading on, the reality set in. I've been collecting about half doz ver of linux to try. I don't think I'll tackle it yet. think maybe I'll redouble my efforts on vista 64 instead. "what a copmlete wast of tinm"-I feel your pain :sphere:
maybe this will help :P

#19 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:45 AM

IMO, when anyone is trying to learn Linux 'Do Not Try To Dual Boot With Windows'. Many people do and I did myself. Works great for a while if you get it to work, but eventually (if you are a Linux noob) you will loose your Windows install. People like viper can probably do this with his eyes closed, but he knows Linux. :sphere:

#20 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:49 AM

:sphere:
thing is, i ran several distros last year, on just about the same hardware, with only minor (user caused, i'm sure) irritations. the addition of the new audio card (and using a partition this time, rather than clearing the raid, and going linux only) might have contributed to my mess.

#21 USM

USM

GRIM DEVILDOG

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Women, Hard Rock and Fishing of course!

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:55 AM

It just makes me feel good to see others feel the same pains I have felt. And I dont know about you MO but that bouncy smilie bluerip sent ya sure makes me feel better! :sphere:

#22 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:59 AM

View PostUSM, on Apr 24 2007, 09:55 PM, said:

It just makes me feel good to see others feel the same pains I have felt. And I dont know about you MO but that bouncy smilie bluerip sent ya sure makes me feel better! :P

#23 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:03 AM

View Postbluerip, on Apr 25 2007, 12:35 AM, said:

:P sorry, but this reminds me of talking after seeing the dentist and having a numb face.

(had to leave in the bouncy bouncy girl)

.... you just had to bring up the dentist

My mouth still hurts from last week and Im not numb anymore

owwwwwwwwwwies

what id do for a numb mouth

#24 bluerip

bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:46 AM

View PostVipers_Girl666, on Apr 24 2007, 10:03 PM, said:

(had to leave in the bouncy bouncy girl)
.... you just had to bring up the dentist

My mouth still hurts from last week and Im not numb anymore

owwwwwwwwwwies

what id do for a numb mouth

well maybe this will help
:thaustin_powers_animated_dancin
and if not that try some clove oil on a q-tip held on the owwwie for a couple of minutes. It will numb it for a while. :sphere:

#25 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

#26 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

lame excuses from an addict :sphere:

#27 Vipers_Girl666

Vipers_Girl666

(_(_) (_)_) (_(_) (_)_)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

View Postbluerip, on Apr 25 2007, 01:46 AM, said:

well maybe this will help
:thaustin_powers_animated_dancin
and if not that try some clove oil on a q-tip held on the owwwie for a couple of minutes. It will numb it for a while. :sphere:

oooooooo good idea! u rock! ty ty ty ... I will have to look later for some :P

View Postscaramonga, on Apr 25 2007, 07:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

hey where did u find that one ... lol ohhh its a photobucket... lol that one is sweeet ... anyway to add it to our smileys???

#28 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:13 PM

i am unable to express the sheer frustratuin (i am unable to usetha delete key, as it has been replaced by "print-screen...pleas bere with me...). after hours of attempts to get my audio going in ubuntu, i installled mandriva...twice, and finally got audo, olyl to find my optical drives are not recognized...a third install, and i am able to use "sound juicer" toplay back audio. but now my keyboard is somehow corupt, and in the process, i lost my windows partition. so now, not only am i running the poorest excuse of an OS (thay all were, all the linux i tried... just crap). i now have to reinstall windows to at least have a funtioning OS, ttttttttttwith working keyboardm, dvd playback, etc, what a copmplete wast of tinm. never again...

Oh ! Sorry to hear that MO. :P

IMO, when anyone is trying to learn Linux 'Do Not Try To Dual Boot With Windows'. Many people do and I did myself. Works great for a while if you get it to work, but eventually (if you are a Linux noob) you will loose your Windows install. People like viper can probably do this with his eyes closed, but he knows Linux.

For a Linux noob, I have had luck in dual-booting with Windows. Thanks God ! :sphere:

#29 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:06 PM

View PostVipers_Girl666, on Apr 25 2007, 04:59 AM, said:

oooooooo good idea! u rock! ty ty ty ... I will have to look later for some :rofl:
hey where did u find that one ... lol ohhh its a photobucket... lol that one is sweeet ... anyway to add it to our smileys???
:lol:

:sphere: :( :P

#30 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

Couch Potatoes! :sphere:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users