3 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:49 PM

Microsoft on Thursday said it will offer its Zune digital music player for $249.99—a comparable price to Apple Computer’s U.S. market leading iPod device with similar storage capacity—and as a result the Redmond, Wash.-based firm will lose money during the upcoming holidays, Reuters reports.

Zune will hit U.S. stores on Nov. 14, and its companion Zune Marketplace online store will sell songs for $0.99 each, according to Reuters. Apple currently charges the same price for songs at its uber-popular iTunes Store. Microsoft will also offer up a monthly subscription plan under which customers could pay $14.99 for a month’s worth of access to the Zune Marketplace’s content—though when the pay period is up, they’ll be blocked unless they pay for an additional month, Reuters reports. Microsoft said its marketplace will initially offer 2 million songs to Web surfers, according to Reuters. The firm will employ a “Microsoft Points” system to sell content, and users will be able to purchase 80 points for $1, Reuters reports. Single songs will go for 79 Microsoft Points, according to Reuters.

Full story @ CIO

Now if the case were't made of plastic! :storm:

#2 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:22 PM

Pretty much just matching apple for everything. However, I don't think they can just match Apple's products. They have to excel, and by a large margin if they want to gain market share.

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

View Postchriso_86, on Sep 28 2006, 02:22 PM, said:

Pretty much just matching apple for everything. However, I don't think they can just match Apple's products. They have to excel, and by a large margin if they want to gain market share.
Yup absolutely true, i think thats how ATI did it :storm:

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:47 AM

View PostNvyseal, on Sep 28 2006, 03:59 PM, said:

Yup absolutely true, i think thats how ATI did it :rofl:
(david_heavey: :lol: ) :storm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic