The XP tool Nlite will integrate SP3 properly, but it will not clean up the duplicate files. If you have a SP2 disk, this is the way to integrate and clean it up.
1. A CLEAN Windows XP SP2 disk (preferably VLK or Student Academic Licence version requiring no WGA hassles).
2. A disk image utility such as UltraISO for extracting your XP image to your hard drive.
3. Windows XP Service Pack 3.
4. The integration and clean up batch script posted below.
Lets get going:
1. Extract your XP (SP2) image (using UltraISO or whatever editor you choose) to a folder named c:\xpsp3 <------ EXACTLY AS THIS AND ON 'C' DRIVE!!
2. Create another folder named c:\sp3 <--------- EXACTLY AS THIS AND ON 'C' DRIVE!!
3. Copy the Windows Service Pack 3 into this new folder and rename it to 'sp3.exe'. <--------- EXACTLY AS THIS AND IN c:\sp3 AS CREATED ABOVE!!
4. Download the batch script posted below and extract to any folder on your hard drive.
5. Double check you have the directories/drives set correctly as above, then click on the batch script to run. Let it run its course, and when completed, it will inform you that integration was successful.
6. Repack your newly created XP SP3 folders into an image of your choice, using whatever utility you used to extract the original. Don't forget to add the bootable information.
Congratulations...... You now have a Windows XP SP3 disk!
Scara_SP3_Batch.rar 2MB 591 downloads
Edited by Nvyseal, 04 May 2008 - 02:36 PM.