stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:03 AM

An Obituary printed in the London Times

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

He declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student, but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason...

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers: I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

#2 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

View Poststormrosson, on Nov 5 2009, 07:03 PM, said:

An Obituary printed in the London Times

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

He declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student, but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason...

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers: I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.
I thought common sense died a long time ago (circa 1886 or 1887) when it was decided a corporate entity was a person. Sorry, not sure of the date, but I can do some research...

#3 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:09 PM

Wow, I love it. :scara:

#4 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

*climbs on his soap box*

Ah, never mind. *sigh*

I only have one word: decadence.

#5 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

I did a little research...

Here you go...

...and here is another nice little 'law' that was passed in 1913 to create the Federal Reserve.

I apologize for posting such serious business in the humor corner, but we have all been railroaded and enslaved by these draconian laws.

Personally, I'm thinking of incorporating myself. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Who knows? If enough people did incorporate themselves and them joined together to lobby congress we could get these insidious laws changed.

JMHO

I'll climb down off my soapbox now, but feel free to view the links and make your own judgments.

Thanks for tolerating my rant. :scara:

Don

#6 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:35 AM

hey don, thanks for posting that up.

#7 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Nov 6 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

hey don, thanks for posting that up.
Your welcome, Mike. I just wish more people were aware of these laws and would do something to get involved with what goes on in our government. Most people believe the Federal Reserve is a government entity but it isn't.

I remember when I was in High School, we had a Civics class. It is no longer taught in school. Hmmm... I wonder why? Perhaps it has to do with the dumbing down of America?

I also recall that George Orwell's '1984' was required reading. I'm sure that given the opportunity the government would ban it if they could or even burn it because our once great nation has turned into an Orwellian Society where facts are dumped down the 'Memory Hole' and replaced with propaganda, surveillance, misinformation, denial of truth, and manipulation of the past.

I recommend that anyone and everyone who has not read Orwell's '1984' to do so. It's an easy read, very thought provoking and is available freely on the internets.

Meanwhile, check out this link...

#8 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

:scara: Thx Don, I posted this assuming most peeps would see it as humorous and maybe a bit provoking, but with your usual zeal and fervor for this type of rhetoric , you have hopefully gotten at least a few to actually see the truth and be at least a little pissed at the actuality within the veiled humor ...good on ya V :rofl_mini:

#9 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:44 PM

Something crazy that I heard tonight on the World News,

food fight

25 middle school kids arrested for a food fight... How awful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users