Do you use Facebook

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use Facebook

Facebook user?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:22 AM

I'm cool with being friends/friendly to people I meet online that share similar interests but I have no interest in becoming socially networked. You'll never find more than 1 picture of me on the web, my full name, address, and work history googled will turn up nada, and my facebook/myspace/twitter stuff is all fake so i can still share in messages/videos/audio that my personal friends send me (the ones that couldn't care less about their privacy).

Don't get me wrong, I'd lay down in traffic if MO or Enip. or RJ or Nvy or Brew asked me to because I consider them and many others good friends---as good as any in my "meatspace" and holy sh1t do I hate that word for 'reality.' But with full apologies if this bothers any of 'em, I could care less about where they went to school, where they live, where they work, etc.

In my mind, Eniparadoxgma lives on Saturn and hosts an interstellar battle-rap every Tuesaturday. He owns every week (which is 26 Earth days). The other 25 earth-days, he teleports chicks from Ohio and remakes them into chicks from Nashville. (thanks, btw.)

NvySeal is hosting this forum on an old Commodore 64 which he's camouflaged as an answering machine in the attic of a Kinkos that went out of business 10 years ago. He "disappeared" the cleaning crew shortly before the war in Afghanistan.

MOman plays 5-string bass for your local jazz band. Every. Single. One. He's a shapeshifter. In days past, he played with Miles Davis. In days future, he told Jimmy Page's son, Larry, to quit relying on the I-IV-V progression and get creative with his Algo-Rhythms. On January 16th, 2012, he made Steve Ballmer's daughter cry by insisting on giving Gallien-Krueger the source code to Windows Try.

Brewin is actually a guy named Willie McGee, a hall-of-fame Right-fielder that played for the St. Louis Cardinals. In his later years, most of his kids have moved out and he's spent his retirement teaching the MIT engineers how to play chess and why open-source philosophy demands an end to the Designated Hitter.

See?!? I love making my own truth about people I meet online. It's so much better than the real truth that is encouraged by facebook, myspace, blah, blah, blah. As a good citizen of the U.S. and the World, my privacy is being eroded more and more everyday. I'd rather not help that along by putting everything in my private life online. I'd rather let my online profile detail a life of gaming, drinking, psychedelics, music, wine, women, song, baseball, and Church.

...wait...

#17 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

wow.... I jus tlike to stalk girls on myspace, myspace pimpin' yall

wait what? no not really, it's that they don't recieve texts messages or have a phone, and I sure as hell aint callin nobody, I text your ass. so I use this as an excuse :rofl_mini:

but Banjo... keep up your social networking, I like your realities better :rofl_mini:

#18 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

This is why I love this forum so much. :rofl_mini: Thanks banj0, your "reality" is amazing!

Some might be disturbed by what I'm going to say, but... I actually met my girlfriend through Facebook... And she pwns all of the girls I usually meet in the "meatspace" :rofl_mini: (I had never heard/read that word before, thanks again Banj -- or maybe not...)

#19 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

View PostShadowFox, on Jul 25 2008, 02:54 AM, said:

wow.... I jus tlike to stalk girls on myspace, myspace pimpin' yall

wait what? no not really, it's that they don't recieve texts messages or have a phone, and I sure as hell aint callin nobody, I text your ass. so I use this as an excuse :rofl_mini:

but Banjo... keep up your social networking, I like your realities better :rofl_mini:

Just how Famous are you?

#20 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

lmao @ banj0's post (YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO REVEAL THE TRUTH YET!!!!! THEY'RE NOT READY!!!!!1)

I just joined facebook to lend support to a Steelers site that I frequent that has a new facebook page.

Myspace I do use occasionally because I have some friends that I can actually get a hold of a lot easier through it than any other way.

...and stuff.

#21 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

View Posteniparadoxgma, on Jul 25 2008, 03:04 PM, said:

lmao @ banj0's post (YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO REVEAL THE TRUTH YET!!!!! THEY'RE NOT READY!!!!!1)

I just joined facebook to lend support to a Steelers site that I frequent that has a new facebook page.

Myspace I do use occasionally because I have some friends that I can actually get a hold of a lot easier through it than any other way.

...and stuff.
wow dude, you even have your own action figure!!!
Posted Image

#22 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:06 AM

Mr Plastic.....lol :rofl_mini:

#23 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:58 AM

View Posthog, on Jul 25 2008, 11:19 AM, said:

And she pwns all of the girls I usually meet in the "meatspace" :rofl_mini: (I had never heard/read that word before, thanks again Banj -- or maybe not...)

It's horrible, isn't it? I first heard it in Wired magazine but I don't know where it came from. I've taken a sacred vow that if a guy ever says it within my earshot in "reality", I have to go punch 'em in the liver. If it's a girl, I have to ask, "When is your child due?" Fire with fire my friend.

edit---it has a Wiki! omgomgomgmomgomgomgomg....

Edited by banj0, 26 July 2008 - 06:59 AM.

#24 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

View Postbanj0, on Jul 26 2008, 01:58 AM, said:

It's horrible, isn't it? I first heard it in Wired magazine but I don't know where it came from. I've taken a sacred vow that if a guy ever says it within my earshot in "reality", I have to go punch 'em in the liver. If it's a girl, I have to ask, "When is your child due?" Fire with fire my friend.

edit---it has a Wiki! omgomgomgmomgomgomgomg....
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg indeed...

#25 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

View Postbanj0, on Jul 25 2008, 03:22 AM, said:

I'm cool with being friends/friendly to people I meet online that share similar interests but I have no interest in becoming socially networked. You'll never find more than 1 picture of me on the web, my full name, address, and work history googled will turn up nada, and my facebook/myspace/twitter stuff is all fake so i can still share in messages/videos/audio that my personal friends send me (the ones that couldn't care less about their privacy).

Don't get me wrong, I'd lay down in traffic if MO or Enip. or RJ or Nvy or Brew asked me to because I consider them and many others good friends---as good as any in my "meatspace" and holy sh1t do I hate that word for 'reality.' But with full apologies if this bothers any of 'em, I could care less about where they went to school, where they live, where they work, etc.

In my mind, Eniparadoxgma lives on Saturn and hosts an interstellar battle-rap every Tuesaturday. He owns every week (which is 26 Earth days). The other 25 earth-days, he teleports chicks from Ohio and remakes them into chicks from Nashville. (thanks, btw.)

NvySeal is hosting this forum on an old Commodore 64 which he's camouflaged as an answering machine in the attic of a Kinkos that went out of business 10 years ago. He "disappeared" the cleaning crew shortly before the war in Afghanistan.

MOman plays 5-string bass for your local jazz band. Every. Single. One. He's a shapeshifter. In days past, he played with Miles Davis. In days future, he told Jimmy Page's son, Larry, to quit relying on the I-IV-V progression and get creative with his Algo-Rhythms. On January 16th, 2012, he made Steve Ballmer's daughter cry by insisting on giving Gallien-Krueger the source code to Windows Try.

Brewin is actually a guy named Willie McGee, a hall-of-fame Right-fielder that played for the St. Louis Cardinals. In his later years, most of his kids have moved out and he's spent his retirement teaching the MIT engineers how to play chess and why open-source philosophy demands an end to the Designated Hitter.

See?!? I love making my own truth about people I meet online. It's so much better than the real truth that is encouraged by facebook, myspace, blah, blah, blah. As a good citizen of the U.S. and the World, my privacy is being eroded more and more everyday. I'd rather not help that along by putting everything in my private life online. I'd rather let my online profile detail a life of gaming, drinking, psychedelics, music, wine, women, song, baseball, and Church.

...wait...
:chriso: :scara:

Hit the nail on the head with that one.

Just like I suspected. You are actually a world-renowned criminal profiler for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. While not catching international fugitives, you spend your time in relative obscurity reeling in steelhead on the frigid waters of the Upper Midwest. Is this correct, Banj0? Or should I call you... Steve Bartman??!!

#26 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

:scara: I didn't see Alou! I swear! Plus we were still only 5 outs away from the Pennant! AAAHHH! :chriso:

Posted Image

#27 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:02 AM

Not sure if I'm dying inside or just acquiescing to pop culture but I signed up for fbook a while back. It's, ah-----it's actually pretty cool. :( I like how you can limit "friends" to only people you know.

Anyhoo, I'm on there now if anyone here is too and wants to "chat." www.facebook.com/me.org.

I was thinking about starting an "X64bit.net" group but quickly jammed a fork into my right eye, twisted it, and then dumped salt all over my head to prevent me from such madness.

I'm better now.

edit:-- "Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

Edited by banj0, 12 March 2010 - 08:06 AM.

#28 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

:( ...I give any and all you guys permission....on second thought, I demand you to have me "drawn and quartered" if I shoud ever sign up with any of the so called "social networking" sites, ie: facebook, my space, twitter, ad nauseum.....ok I'm done :( :D

Edited by stormrosson, 12 March 2010 - 05:48 PM.

#29 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

i dunno, everyone these days is joining myface...i dunno...

#30 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

Hey, I'm friends with Dave on that Twitter thing. Though I go take a look at it about once a month, and it's rarely interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users