#16 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:59 AM

View Poststormrosson, on Mar 5 2009, 12:26 AM, said:

:giggle: sounds like you'd be right at home at the mobile mansion Banjer, come on down anytime we have plenty of guest suites :huh: :roadrunner: :band:

So long as there's wine, women, and song (not neccessarily in that order) I'm happy brother Storm. If there's computer-geek stuff in addition, well, I may declare the place my own Valhalla and never leave. ;)

Any chess going on? :yes:

Some contrast to the stereotype of the banjo (which was invented in Africa btw) :

#17 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

:roadrunner: muy excellente my friend, if u remember from an old old post back on pamd64, that I am a total Bela freak.....and freakin love Victor Wooten's bass playing......hilbilly banjo music indeed.. :giggle:

#18 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:55 AM

I remember brother. Wasn't sure if you did. :roadrunner: :giggle: Remember the pics of that blue, home-made Bass you put up? You still have it?

#19 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:37 PM

:roadrunner: absolutely except it was /is red( P/J copy with original 1957 P bass pickup sweeeeet) :giggle: (btw if thats hilbilly music then God must be one too :huh: )

Edited by stormrosson, 05 March 2009 - 03:42 PM.

#20 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 4 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

So long as there's wine, women, and song (not neccessarily in that order) I'm happy brother Storm. If there's computer-geek stuff in addition, well, I may declare the place my own Valhalla and never leave. :roadrunner:

Any chess going on? :giggle:

Some contrast to the stereotype of the banjo (which was invented in Africa btw) :
That was amazing!

#21 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:27 AM

nice desktop pic there banjer... :roadrunner:

#22 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

I know, didn't mean to spam. I have an excuse though: Lots and lots of meds. Managed to 2nd degree burn most of my torso. Fun!

March Desky:

Attached Image: march.JPG

#23 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:46 AM

wtf? :roadrunner:

#24 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:15 AM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 5 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

I know, didn't mean to spam. I have an excuse though: Lots and lots of meds. Managed to 2nd degree burn most of my torso. Fun!

March Desky:

Attachment march.JPG
Jimmy!

So what happened Banj0? Get too much lighter fluid on the BBQ? :roadrunner:

#25 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

Nope---Valentine's Day (Feb. 14) I went crazy cleaning my house. Got a steam cleaner for the carpet in the hall, went all kinds of crazy with Murphy's Oil soap on the hardwood, etc. The plan was to have my girl practically faint from the cleanliness. lol, well, not faint, but you know. I told Enip. the whole story on the phone a couple weeks ago. Freak accident.

Last thing on the day was to clean the stove. Turned the thing up to 550F (max) and let it cook for an hour to turn everything to ash and, like usual, I was gonna brass brush the oven racks to get 'em sparkling chrome. After it got molten in there I pulled out the top rack, turned to grab the brass brush and, prolly cuz my socks were damp from the carpet cleaning, just slipped. I fell and my knees hit the floor, my hands hit the top of the oven and my stomach landed right onto the 550F oven rack. You know how when you fall you're there for a few seconds? Yep, same thing. Crazy shite but the oven rack didn't break away---my weight was on my knees on the floor and my hands on the top of the stove. My stomach, however, was flush against the oven rack for a few seconds. Fried off the top 3 layers of skin from just below my nipples to my package. :giggle: I never understood the difference between the degrees of burns but I'm an expert now, lol. Thankfully, there were no 3rd or 4th degree burns, just 1st and 2nd. I went to Urgent Care 2 days later cuz it was really painful ( :roadrunner: ) and the doctor said I could be f'd from the infection that set in immediately. Apparently, you're supposed to go to the hospital when most of you're body gets burnt up. :huh: Despite the delay, I got meds in time so that the infection didn't hit my blood or organs.

Sincerely, I'm gonna be totally fine. Been on Augmentin, Keflex, and Silver Sulfadiazine for the last 22 days and most of the pain is already gone. When it gets bad I take Percocet which, hopefully, explains and excuses my spamming last night. I'm a fan of altering consciousness but never got into pills---I don't trust the companies that claim there's a difference between pure opiates and their painkillers. But I have to admit, when the shite gets unbearable, a Percocet does paint pretty pictures. I held out for a minute but they help. Do make me goofy though.

Moral of the story---don't ever attempt to clean your oven racks without rubber-soled shoes. Better yet, don't ever clean your stove. Best yet, give your stove away. ;)

#26 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 6 2009, 01:55 AM, said:

//snip
Moral of the story---don't ever attempt to clean your oven racks without rubber-soled shoes. Better yet, don't ever clean your stove. Best yet, give your stove away. ;)
:roadrunner: Holy crispy critters Batman. Wow. Sorry it happened, and I am glad you are ok. :huh: :giggle:

#27 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

View Postbanj0, on Mar 6 2009, 03:55 AM, said:

Moral of the story---don't ever attempt to clean your oven racks without rubber-soled shoes. Better yet, don't ever clean your stove. Best yet, give your stove away. :roadrunner:

Egad banj0,
That is freaky and way too bizarre to be anything but fact. One of those "truths are stranger than fiction". I am glad you are OK. Watch those Percocet trips, no telling where you might go...

#28 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

Here's my March donation. I really can't remember if I have used this one previously. Sigh, it is terrible getting older... :roadrunner:

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: March_09_Desktop.jpg

#29 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

Wow banj0 buddy! You sure you didn't take those pills before you decided to take a nap on the oven? :roadrunner:

#30 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

Don't let Banjer lie to you. Here's the real story:

Banjer, as you guys may very well be aware, is a bit of a player when it comes to the ladies. What you guys didn't know though, is that he goes coocoo for coco puff crazy for wacky wiccan witch type women. Apparently Valentine's Day night Banjer got a little more loaded than usual on his favorite combination of St. Ides and rubbing alcohol mixed with kratom, and accidentally planned festivities with both of his current wenches at the same time. So, to make a short story even shorter, when they both showed up at the same time they decided it was time to play a little "Hansel & Gretel" with our dear friend Banj0. The moral of the story is to not date more than one ex-bodybuilder wiccan witch type wench and then get too lifted on psychedelics and malt liquor to keep your rendezvous separate...or you might get turned into a pizza...or something.

:roadrunner:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users