nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Network Security & CS 1.6

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

Hello people,

What you guys think about this MB and CPU? I haven't ordered them yet thought to ask before I do so. Can I buy better CPU and MB with that price?

MB costs 1200 swedish crown 167 USD
CPU 1045 swedish crown 145 USD

Asus P5Q-E
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2,8GHz Box ..

Thanks for your suggestions. :-)

#2 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

Core 2 Duo is sooo 2007!

Sincerely, I wouldn't pay that much for such dated components, I would go with more recent stuff, but of course it depends on what you want to do with your computer.

#3 nabz0r

nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

View Posthog, on Aug 10 2009, 02:31 PM, said:

Core 2 Duo is sooo 2007!
Sincerely, I wouldn't pay that much for such dated components, I would go with more recent stuff, but of course it depends on what you want to do with your computer.

Okay. Well, I don't wanna do anything with my computer. It's old so I thought to upgrade it and chose these components. Can you recommend some better stuff then? :-)

#4 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

Well of course the big stuff is i7, but good luck finding something under 300$. I think a Core 2 Quad would be the way to go, I would go with 1333FSB, and then it's up to you if you want to pay more for more L2 cache and higher clock speed. Here I can get an entry-level Quad (Q8200 4MB) for 200$ CND, but if you want 12MB L2, it's 300$ and more of course. Then again, it all depends on if you are gaming, doing a lot of PS, video encoding, stuff like that, then you'd want something with more power. You have to know what are your needs... or just buy big, expensive stuff for the kick of it. :cc_surrender:

Oh and you say it's old, but how much? In my case for example, it's old enough so I'd have to change RAM also since I'm still on DDR1...

#5 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

Maybe This topic can be a bit of a helping hand.

It's already a bit outdated I guess, but it's a starting point.

#6 nabz0r

nabz0r

Untraceable

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

View Posthog, on Aug 10 2009, 05:25 PM, said:

Well of course the big stuff is i7, but good luck finding something under 300$. I think a Core 2 Quad would be the way to go, I would go with 1333FSB, and then it's up to you if you want to pay more for more L2 cache and higher clock speed. Here I can get an entry-level Quad (Q8200 4MB) for 200$ CND, but if you want 12MB L2, it's 300$ and more of course. Then again, it all depends on if you are gaming, doing a lot of PS, video encoding, stuff like that, then you'd want something with more power. You have to know what are your needs... or just buy big, expensive stuff for the kick of it. :cc_surrender:

Oh and you say it's old, but how much? In my case for example, it's old enough so I'd have to change RAM also since I'm still on DDR1...

You're right man, I have to change RAM also. I think I'll go for Core 2 Quad I guess 'cause the difference is just 250 Swedish crown. It's my little bro's PC he just plays CT 1.6 on it plus some designing nothing more. Thanks for the tips buddy. ;-) Btw, what about the MB? Can I get something better in that price?

@Sphere

Thanks man! :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users