• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:51 AM

I thought it would be fun to have a topic to kick back and talk about or golfing games, new clubs we buy, advice on our games, etc.

Feel free to talk about other sports as well off and on, we aren't shallow you know.

I started golfing last year. I wish I had started many years ago so I would be better now.

I just went today and had one of the best shots in my life, 185 yards to the pin and I landed the ball 6 feet away. There is nothing better then the feel of a well hit ball flying through the air. There is just something magical about it that can't be explained until you feel it yourself.

~Moved to our new "Sport Zone" Forum

Edited by Nvyseal, 11 September 2006 - 04:44 PM.

#2 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:04 PM

I myself don't so much golfing, however I have been wanting to get into it. My sister is an avid golfer and I remember the first time she got her clubs, she had this bright pink golf ball... and I decided to give it a try, I found out... I either have good aim, or damn I suck :D because, the golf ball hit a big tree, then bounced off of three more, and finallly rested in the neighbors yeard... I handed the club back to my sister and said you need to ger your ball. That's about where my golfing experience ends :(

But hopefully some of you others are awesome golfers and can teach us a thing or two :D

#3 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

Which way did your ball go when you hit it?

#4 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:30 PM

I went out and bought a set of clubs... get this I have not used them LOL I keep saying that I will go play a game but never get there and
do it

#5 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

Hey thanks to which ever mod made a section for this type of thing, and changed the name!!!

#6 patman174

patman174

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

It's been a good while since I played, I graduated high school in 2004, in which I was part of the golf team. I had started in 8th grade, so I played pretty regular for 5 years. I never got really good, but I sure did enjoy it. When you play for a high school in South Carolina, you have to walk, there is no use of golf carts or caddies. So you got a pretty good work out. I never really had the distance, but when you got me within 50 yards of the green, I was up there with the best of them. What I'm really good at is helping others fix there swings. I can fix someones, except my own LOL. So yall throw up the questions.

#7 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:08 PM

Patman, we graduated the same year! It is great to meet you!! Yeah, I love golf! My long game is descent, my short game needs some work.

#8 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

I never golfed in my life. Wanted to many times. Just never got around to it. I could never get passed the pub up the street !!

Come to think of it, it's kinda strange I never golfed before, There are 4 golf courses withing a 45 minute drive from where I live ...

#9 jhp_2003

jhp_2003

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:50 PM

I'm the worst golfer in the world. Usualy, the grass goes farther than the ball for me...haha

#10 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:28 AM

Maybe you just haven't gone with the right person. Go with my sometime and I will give you some pointers.

#11 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:13 AM

Ahh, Tiger Woods lost his winning streak!!!

#12 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:22 AM

i saw that... :angry:

#13 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:01 AM

he will get that back !

#14 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:35 AM

I hope so!!!

So what kind of clubs do you all have?

My irons are Callaway Big Bertha 2004's, my putter is a Ping G5i Anser, I don't really know what my woods are, and my driver is a RAM 460cc. However, my boss is currently letting me try out a TaylorMade to see if I like it. Next year I plan on getting a new driver and woods. Then I should have all nice stuff!

I don't really have a specific golf ball I use. Usually: Top Flights, Nike, Titelist, and Pinnacle are what I usually use.

#15 chriso_86

chriso_86

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:41 PM

Well, went golfing today. I tried out my bosses TaylorMade and I did terrible in my driving!! I need to take it to the driving range I think! I doubt I will be that brand, I really liked the Cleveland launch I tried earlier this month. Oh well, at least I hit my irons well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users