6 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

images/news/linux.jpgDeviceVM, the makers of Splashtop, just made a big announcement though. Their technology will no longer be restricted to the top-shelf motherboards and will see a much wider release. At first it will be featured on Asus’ P5Q (high-efficiency design, Intel P45 chipset) family of motherboards, starting with the P5Q Deluxe, P5Q-WS, P5Q3 Deluxe, and P5Q-E. Later Splashtop will be featured on all the company’s motherboards, over a million units a month.

Using Splashtop the computer is still powered on (pretty much like normal, less the disk activity) but the key here is that you don’t have to leave your computer on all the time. If you just want to check your email or go to a web site, you can simply leave the system off and boot into Splashtop, which takes just a few seconds. You will have instant access to a basic Linux desktop with applications like Firefox and Skype.

Read more

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:28 AM

great. now the linux form of tracking your browsing habits...

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on May 14 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

great. now the linux form of tracking your browsing habits...
I think this might be a good thing mike :P

Sort of like running down to the market without having to start the car's engine

#4 othman11

othman11

head redneck

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

I'll have to agree with dead eye here. I think it will be good thing to have.

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:31 PM

View Postothman11, on May 15 2008, 01:22 PM, said:

I'll have to agree with dead eye here...
:P

i have heard mention somewhere that the form of bios we have come to know will change to something like this. as long as it can't be hacked remotely, it does look cool.

#6 Steve Ballmer

Steve Ballmer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:teve Ballmer<br />Redmond, Washington state, United States<br />CEO and general Manager at the worlds most powerful and pervasive company, a mover and shaker with world changing influence and charisma. Don't freaking cross me! Microsoft wants to &quot;get the appropriate economic return for our shareholders from our innovation,&quot; A few of my more memorable quotes: &quot;I think it would be absolutely reckless and irresponsible for anyone to try and break up Microsoft.&quot; &quot;There's no substitute for innovation, of course, but innovation is no substitute for being in touch, either.&quot; &quot;What we've gone through in the last several years has caused some people to question 'Can we trust Microsoft?&quot; &quot;I like to tell people that all of our products and business will go through three phases. There's vision, patience, and execution.&quot; &quot;Google is an illusion&quot; &quot;I don't know what a monopoly is until somebody tells me.&quot; &quot;We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference.&quot;

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:07 AM

Ou la la!
Nobody has ever even heard of this stuff!

#7 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:36 AM

View PostSteve Ballmer, on May 15 2008, 07:07 PM, said:

Ou la la!
Nobody has ever even heard of this stuff!
um, steve, the guys (intel) are 'happy' with 'it' (emi)...as for asus/slashdot, well, i dunno...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users