10 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

All of them are in this huge competition to beat the other. Sony have the advantage of being a media orientated company but have a damaged reputation...

Microsoft can use the XBOX as a great PC companion but is this sheer monopoly or for us?

Nintendo just came back with their first real Gaming Console in ages, will they win cos Sega and Sony later held the market?

Who will win this?

#2 Delerious

Delerious

Karl in Disguise

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:hmm, Anime well really anything japanese lol, music, movies, philosophy as it gives me an excuse to like do nothing and react like i am pondering why a chair is indeed a chair ^_~, imvery active online too so that is a interest i guess atleast i think so haha and erm writing i love my imaginative writing and poetry and erm yeah i now sound like a girly pansy great stuff *manly stanse* ahem i also like my basketball been playing since i was 6 and yeah been on around 6-7 different teams and played also on my high school Footie team and trained with Stockport county Juniours. hmmm yeah changed this into a autobiography great stuff, sorry ^__^

Posted 19 March 2006 - 03:41 PM

Well Its a big battlefield to get the highest sold items and the most popular.

Nintendo last year brough out the Dual screen (DS) which was pretty impressive with its 2 screens (hence the name lol) and its wireless networking allowing 16 gamers to play together at one time without Cables. After the huge popularity in their hand held department ie Gameboys and Gameboys advance the DS was popular with its extra special features.

Of course Sony thought back with its Sony playstation portable (psp) after seeing the success of the Gameboys and Game advance Sony decided to bring out their own portable device. Able to play games, music and movies. It also came with a Universal medica disc (UMD) which can hold 1.8GB. Like the DS it has wireless networking for gaming with friends and it also has online gaming capatiblity.

Microsoft seem alittle slow though, while Nintendo and Sony have let out plans of next generation consoles it has not been made noticable that since the Xbox and Xbox 360 Microsoft have thought of continuing in the rat race. Of course it could all be behind the scenes and there may be chances of them making one in secret who knows :) Have to give it too em on the 360 though excellent console :)

Now Sony have their new console maybe known as the PS3 to show off at a games convention later this year and it is hoped that it will be on sale in the US later this year too.

Pic - http://home.btconnec...ystation-3.html

Nintendo is expected to realase its very secret-sounding Revolution also expected to be unveiled at the US converence. It is said It's like your holding a television remote and you have that directional pad and you have a big A button next to it. But there's not five or six buttons to give you all of these functions, so maybe they will compensate but tilting one way for blocking or another way for attack. But that is so dramatically different. So it will either be one of the biggest hits in the world or a big failure. I certainly hope it does well.

Microsoft? like i said who knows ^^

I think personally that we should look out for Nintendo coz this Revoluion looks quite good But the actual fact that Sony's PSP was so awesome who knows what the PS3 will have install and i might add it is said to have amazing graphics

#3 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:22 AM

lol, you manage to say all that and not answer my question...

The nintendo spec i think i read somewhere will be lower than all of the others but with a cool joypad thing, playstation probably most expensive...

#4 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

nintendo is suppose to have the one handed controller too aren't they?

#5 Delerious

Delerious

Karl in Disguise

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:hmm, Anime well really anything japanese lol, music, movies, philosophy as it gives me an excuse to like do nothing and react like i am pondering why a chair is indeed a chair ^_~, imvery active online too so that is a interest i guess atleast i think so haha and erm writing i love my imaginative writing and poetry and erm yeah i now sound like a girly pansy great stuff *manly stanse* ahem i also like my basketball been playing since i was 6 and yeah been on around 6-7 different teams and played also on my high school Footie team and trained with Stockport county Juniours. hmmm yeah changed this into a autobiography great stuff, sorry ^__^

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

I did answer dude at the end ^^

I think personally that we should look out for Nintendo coz this Revoluion looks quite good But the actual fact that Sony's PSP was so awesome who knows what the PS3 will have install and i might add it is said to have amazing graphics

I guess i am in like the middle of Nintendo and Sony although i might say i prefer Sony and also this new info on the hand held from Microsoft but that is supposidly on the shelves in 1-2 years like i have said so goodness knows what Sony and Nintendo would have created by then

#6 x2p

x2p

Network Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Basketball,dj'ing and cars

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

sony man,they got the proper gamer feel

#7 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

Screenshots (unofficial) of Nintendo Revolution and low down

http://www.dlmag.com/1071/simultaneous-rev...h-unlikely.html

#8 x2p

x2p

Network Security

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Basketball,dj'ing and cars

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

looks nice but,the makret for nintendo products is 3yrs to 11,stupid games realy not for the more violent user lol,the revolution look nice but the japanese have way with games console's

Edited by x2p, 30 March 2006 - 07:32 PM.

#9 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

LOL he's right about the violent thing XD

I think it looks nice :)

#10 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:51 PM

i think i will wait and see, don't forget 2010 is a long way from now and by then ms and sony will have something else.

#11 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:56 PM

I think nintendo's out of the game except for the younger kids X-Box and Playstation are appealing (in looks, games and they evolve with us) where as nintendo hasn't really taken any new paths with games I know most of us are into racing and killing hookers now :) but so long as I plan on having children I hope nintendo keeps it's path is on but they need to broaden their playing field... I heard it was to play all older games is that true?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users