SuperBowl XLII

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: SuperBowl XLII

Who will win SuperBowl XLII?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:48 AM

Okay, Folks:

Time to vote... Who will be going to SuperBowl XLII in Phoenix, Arizona on February 3rd?

Edited by VoodooGuru, 21 January 2008 - 06:47 AM.

#2 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:43 AM

I voted with my heart, not my brain in the 2nd poll.

Pretty sure that the Pack will win 20-13 and the Pats will win 42-31.

In the Bowl, my head says that the Pats will win but my heart is pulling for the Pack. It's an NFC North loyalty thing. Plus, how cool would it be to see Favre retire as the MVP of the Superbowl after beating the undefeated Patriots?

#3 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

Sorry guys but I don't know and I don't care ;) I didn't even know who were the finalists before reading this thread lol. I also understand that most of you don't care at all that the Canadiens are having a super season! :giggle:

#4 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

The Habs are ok. Back in the day, I was either pulling for the Wings (who were really, really awful with Douguay and a rookie named Yzerman) or the Nordiques. Lo and behold, Quebec moved to Denver and became, to any real hockey fan, the most hated, talentless, cheap-shotting, waste-of-a-franchise that ever got owned by the best team of the last 20 years, the Detroit Red Wings.

And I have to admit, when the Wings beat the Habs 11-1 in December '95 against Roy, I was cheering like I won the lottery. When he went to Denver---well, the rivalry was long and fairly even until the Avs were buried along with Mrs. Patrick Roy in 2002. Like the '95 game, he got chased from the net and was never the same. :giggle: It was, truly, a beautiful day.

The Badalanche did it to themselves back in Quebec though when they got rid of Olan Nolan. He was the only guy that could shoot like Lemieux and hit like Dome. He would've been the great hybrid of Lindros, LeClair, and Bure. Too bad he ended up in San Jose.

Les Habs are a good team and I hope they do well. Until they play the Wings. ;)

Edited by banj0, 20 January 2008 - 09:45 AM.

#5 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

lol I knew about the Wings/Avalanche rivalry but it's the first time I actually see someone talk about it, and you're doing it in a pretty emotional way! I think the Red Wings are indeed much better than the Avalanche, in every way.

About Roy, he now coaches the Quebec Remparts, an LHJMQ (Junior Major Hockey League of Quebec) team and he's still very controversial. Again yesterday they were playing against their biggest rivals. Quebec was losing 7-1 and Roy got mad, stood on the bench and started yelling at the referee and got expelled (not sure of the word) from the game once again.

:giggle: Uh, you were talking about football, right? Sorry ;)

#6 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Gooooooo Yankees! :giggle:

#7 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

Giants over Packers 24-20

Patriots over Chargers 31-16

Patriots over Giants 27-24

As for hockey, I should really start following the Blues. They're on TV a lot here. I need a new sport now that our pro football teams and baseball teams all suck horribly.

#8 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

actually my wife likes the stars, and the avalanche lol.

#9 Scuba

Scuba

I see you!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:24 AM

I'm from Wisconsin, and I'm so mad the game ended that way!!! :giggle: AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Now I am going to cheer for the Pats just to see if they could pull of the perfect season.

#10 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

Wow, I was close on the Giants-Packers game.

#11 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

View Posthog, on Jan 20 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

:) Uh, you were talking about football, right? Sorry ;)

lol, we could start our own 2 man hockey thread Hog. Could be wrong but you and I might be the only ones into it.

View Postbrewin, on Jan 21 2008, 12:09 AM, said:

Wow, I was close on the Giants-Packers game.

1 point off! :giggle: Very nice bro.

If Tynes misses the game winner, I'm pretty sure he'd be on the run from Coughlin for the rest of his life. imho though, a kicker in a game that's -4F is going to miss 90% of the time. The way Coughlin was yelling at him after the first miss was kinda weak, again imho.

I guess the general consensus will be that the Pats will blow the Giants out of the water, though I hope not. No dog in this fight but hopefully it'll be a good game.

#12 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

View Postbanj0, on Jan 21 2008, 01:37 AM, said:

1 point off! :giggle: Very nice bro.

If Tynes misses the game winner, I'm pretty sure he'd be on the run from Coughlin for the rest of his life. imho though, a kicker in a game that's -4F is going to miss 90% of the time. The way Coughlin was yelling at him after the first miss was kinda weak, again imho.

I guess the general consensus will be that the Pats will blow the Giants out of the water, though I hope not. No dog in this fight but hopefully it'll be a good game.
Get yelled at for missing a 35 yarder with a bad snap with a windchill of -24F and then not so much as a pat on the back (that I saw) when he wins it with a 45 yarder in OT. 'Tis the life of an NFL kicker.

Pats will win, but by less than a touchdown. I'll stick with 27-24.

#13 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

View Postbrewin, on Jan 21 2008, 01:52 AM, said:

Get yelled at for missing a 35 yarder with a bad snap with a windchill of -24F and then not so much as a pat on the back (that I saw) when he wins it with a 45 yarder in OT. 'Tis the life of an NFL kicker.

yeah, agreed. Still, the first miss was just a hook when Coughlin was yelling at him. The 2nd opportunity was the bad snap but i'm sure having your coach yell at you 10 minutes before isn't going to help build your confidence. I was kinda impressed that when Coughlin was yelling after the first miss, Tynes just looked away. Good for him that he made a really, really hard kick to win the game.

View Postbrewin, on Jan 21 2008, 01:52 AM, said:

Pats will win, but by less than a touchdown. I'll stick with 27-24.

My prediction is a Giants win, 35-23. In the 2nd quarter, Brady will leave the game with a knee injury caused by Justin Tuck. How's that for specificity? :giggle: Well, it's more like a hope than a prediction. Go NY!

#14 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

View Postbanj0, on Jan 21 2008, 02:15 AM, said:

My prediction is a Giants win, 35-23. In the 2nd quarter, Brady will leave the game with a knee injury caused by Justin Tuck. How's that for specificity? :giggle: Well, it's more like a hope than a prediction. Go NY!
I don't think a knee injury would be enough to take him out of the game. With the protection he gets, all he has to do is stand and wait for someone to get open. Now maybe if he injures his knee in the second quarter and then Jessica Simpson shows up at halftime... :)

#15 Scuba

Scuba

I see you!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:57 PM

View Postbrewin, on Jan 21 2008, 01:43 AM, said:

I Now maybe if he injures his knee in the second quarter and then Jessica Simpson shows up at halftime... :eniparadoxgma:

:giggle: ;) I'm confused :eniparadoxgma: :)

I say Pats will pull it off 42-27

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users