3 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

Intel confirmed quad-core processors for PCs will ship this November, demonstrating its commitment to Moore's Law with a 80-core research processor.

The first processor, targeted at gamers and content creators, will be shipped in November and be called the Intel Core2 Extreme quad-core processor, Intel said. The company's mainstream quad-core processor will be shipped in the first quarter of 2007 and will be called the Intel Core 2 Quad processor, Intel said.

The quad-core chips will feature a 67 percent improvement over the current Intel Core2 Extreme, Intel said.

Intel also showed off a research prototype processor that has 80 simple floating point cores on a single die. The tiny silicon die on this experimental chip, just 300 sq. mm, is capable of achieving a teraflop of performance.

Read the full article on PC Mag

I think this is my next machine! :storm:

#2 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

Wow, that is awesome!! Nvyseal, can't wait to see you build that!!! Just imagine the 3dmark score!!!!! And the amount of folding you can do!! Oh yeah!

#3 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

I think this is my next machine!

The quad-core or the 80-core one ? :storm:

#4 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

80 cores....dont see the entire point but if it helps with faster and better computing then more power to em..i think like the mhz race they are pushing the tecnology too fast so early adoptors are gonna be just now getting into Dual Core and Quads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users