2 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

When it hit the airwaves in the late 1960s, Speed Racer was pretty innovative television — for a cartoon. Four decades later, the story of a family that works out its issues on a racetrack seems a little hokey.

So how do you please a YouTube generation that likes its humor ironic and its special effects cutting-edge while pleasing baby boom moviegoers who still remember Trixie's haircut and Chim Chim's jumpsuit?

Attached Image: SpeedR.JPG

The brothers Wachowski (The Matrix trilogy, V for Vendetta) take a crack at updating the cartoon with Speed Racer, which gets its first look here and whose trailer runs tonight on Entertainment Tonight. "The effects are beyond belief. We called it 'car fu,' because it was like kung fu with the cars," Silver says. "We couldn't have made this movie until right now."

But effects, he says, take a back seat to the Wachowskis' true love of the old series: the cars, costumes and message.

Read more, See Screenies @ USA Today

#2 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

Ha ha ha... I used to be the FanBoy of this Cartoon.. Dunno why, but it was sooo amazing back then... :likewinmandr2:

#3 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:46 PM

Go speed racer, go speed racer, go speed racer go....

Never liked the cartoon. Now Robotech on the other hand... :likewinmandr2:

But if it is done by Wachowsk brothers, i'll just have to see it to see it...uhhh, yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users