• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

Well, here's what happened:
My laptop dropped from my desk (usually no problem), but it dropped on my shoe, while fully flapped back... it won't boot normally anymore, she's dead.
I'm glad I got insurance, I so hope they fix this on insurance, because it wasn't my fault, but from the booting that does happen, I think my harddisk is crashed, and the m/b is pretty much broken...

Wish me luck!

p.s.
I won't be on for a few days at all, although I'm not here much, I'll be away on some excellent nicely holiday!

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

:rofl_mini:

well dang...

enjoy your celebrations :voodoog:

#3 error51

error51

Elite Newsposter

• Newsposter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:12 AM

So if you're online without the laptop somehow...

Is it even showing the mfg logo during the BIOS stage or is it just blank no matter what?
If yes (it is showing the logo, IE: Dell, HP, etc) then you have a hard drive or mother board issue.
If no (the screen is blank) then try seating your RAM. If it got rattled loose the screen would be blank and it wouldn't even show the mfg logo going into BIOS.

It's a common fix about half the time for droppers, especially if the drop didn't break the hinges or crack the LCD.

#4 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

I still have my desktop system you know :roadrunner:

But the laptop is really trashed, the keyboard has a really big, well, allmost a valley, in it!
the disks aren't always recognized, the battery doesn't connect right, all is screwed...
I hope it will go ok on the insurance...

#5 error51

error51

Elite Newsposter

• Newsposter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:55 AM

View PostSphere, on Dec 24 2008, 04:50 PM, said:

I still have my desktop system you know :roadrunner:

But the laptop is really trashed, the keyboard has a really big, well, allmost a valley, in it!
the disks aren't always recognized, the battery doesn't connect right, all is screwed...
I hope it will go ok on the insurance...

Oooooo (like the kid at the end of the video). That sux. Good luck with the insurance.

#6 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 25 December 2008 - 06:14 AM

That sucks! I feel for you man.

#7 Sphere

Sphere

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

As I expected, my laptop (with pretty much all my research-data), cannot be repared sadly.
So, I got a new laptop for 600 euro's.
I got
Compaq Presario CQ60,
and actually, despite I lost all my data... I am fairly happy with this girl. She's better then my previous laptop, and she does the job just fine, fine!

But well, I gotta do my study's finishing work all over again because I lost the data :roadrunner:

#8 os collector

os collector

2nd Innings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:programming, Reverse Engineering, Writing tutorials

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

BANG & BANG
best of luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users