#16 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:33 PM

View PostTheBearLT, on Dec 2 2007, 10:45 AM, said:

Actually if your system running Fine for about 6 hours, in my opinion this is Completely Fine..
It is more then Enough to check your Gaming Systems Stability

For how long you play the game ? 7 ? 12 ? 16 Hours ?

I run a Opty 148, stock clock at 2.2, I have mine running 2.93, and has been for 2 years, I also do tend to play games for 12+ hours at a time, I get interested and have a difficult time stopping, I hate not finishing anything, I recently have been hooked on Half Life 2, I played that for 16 hours straight 3 days in a row. My cpu usage while playing that game was at a constant 100%.

#17 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

View PostCamaro, on Dec 2 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

I run a Opty 148, stock clock at 2.2, I have mine running 2.93, and has been for 2 years, I also do tend to play games for 12+ hours at a time, I get interested and have a difficult time stopping, I hate not finishing anything, I recently have been hooked on Half Life 2, I played that for 16 hours straight 3 days in a row. My cpu usage while playing that game was at a constant 100%.

So I am not the only one that gets a bit carried away...lol. I played Crysis like 4 times maybe and finished it.

#18 TheBearLT

TheBearLT

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

View PostCamaro, on Dec 2 2007, 10:33 PM, said:

Yep, I forgot to tell another thing..

"Measure by your needs.. for Aproximetely how long you gonna run your System, and How Heavily it will be loaded.."

Also Depends how heavily your System is Overclocked.. :lust:
The heavy OCed ones needs to be Tested a bit longer..

Overall :cheers: to state For how long you should run test tools is wrong.. too many Factors.. too many configurations..
Do the way you like, weather it's four or weather(wether ?) it's 24 hours test

p.s. Sometimes Burn Tests may fail, but you can play games without any single crash.. I remember when I assembled system.., Motherboard automatically picked up wrong timings for Ram.. The Burn Tests failed in 10-15 minutes.. but games (Oblivion.. etc.) was running "Just fine" for Hours..
Setted up Correct ones, Burn test was not crashing and was not reported any problems, games was still running fine..

p.p.s. Sometimes those Bench/Crash-Tools may actually show not overall systems stability/performance.. but stability/performance Only for that Tool..

#19 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:58 PM

slower than normal? i dunno, seems maybe, but then again, i'm always "playing" with vista. i could also be trying to convince myself i need a dual quad system :lust: ( the new supermicro boards are out :cheers: ).

LOL... 2 Quad Xeon and 64 GB of memory should be enough for Vista ! :lust:

#20 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 12:03 AM

View Postvrosa x64, on Dec 2 2007, 02:58 PM, said:

LOL... 2 Quad Xeon and 64 GB of memory should be enough for Vista ! :lust:

maybe... :lust:

:cheers:

#21 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:35 AM

View PostTheBearLT, on Dec 2 2007, 05:54 PM, said:

Yep, I forgot to tell another thing..

"Measure by your needs.. for Aproximetely how long you gonna run your System, and How Heavily it will be loaded.."

Also Depends how heavily your System is Overclocked.. :cheers:

That's true. However, a cpu that can do what you require of it does not mean that it is stable. That is why I took issue with your advice. If your cpu is stable for the 6 hours you game, but not for 24 hours of any stress test, then it is not stable. A stable cpu is one that can run at 100% load for weeks and weeks and weeks with 100% uptime. It doesn't matter what anyone uses it for----a cpu is either stable, or it is not. There is no gray area there and it is not a matter of opinion.

Actually if your system running Fine for about 6 hours, in my opinion this is Completely Fine..
It is more then Enough to check your Gaming Systems Stability

For how long you play the game ? 7 ? 12 ? 16 Hours ?

See, this is where you are mistaken in your advice Bear. Not everyone who overclocks does so to play games. Or to work with math, or graphics, or media, or etc., etc., etc.

For a cpu to be stable at any clock, including stock, then it either is stable, or it isn't stable. If it is, then it will be stable @ 100% load in 24 hours, or 72 hours, or 256 hours, or 1024 hours, or.......

If you say, "If your system is running fine for 6 hours and you want to play games, this is Completely fine." <----sure!
If you say, "If your system is running fine for 6 hours and you want to edit movies, this is Completely fine." <---sure!
If you say, "If your system is running fine for 6 hours and you want to run Folding@Home 24 hours per day, this is Completely fine." <----Absolutely NOT
If you say, "If your system is running fine for 6 hours and you want to encode .avi files 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." <----Absolutely NOT
If you say, "If your system is running fine for 6 hours and you want to start a game of Winboard Chess that might take 3 days to finish, this is Completely fine." <---Absolutely NOT

And most especially, "If your system is running fine for 6 hours then you're stable." Maybe, maybe not. You won't know until you test properly. :lust:

....I recently have been hooked on Half Life 2, I played that for 16 hours straight 3 days in a row. My cpu usage while playing that game was at a constant 100%.

When you finish HL2 and are looking to play HL2:Ep.1, hit me up Cam. I still have the Ep.1 as a "gift" to give away to someone that hasn't played it.

#22 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:18 AM

hell ya if you could and would, I beat the game, abet on easy so far but I would love to go with episode 1 as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users