#16 bluerip

bluerip

BS Meter embedded, BS attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:All things SciFi, Hidden Science,& Hiddin Truth

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:32 AM

Amazing. Get well soon. Lucky to be alive! Make the most of the rest of your life. :cool2: :pray:

#17 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:51 PM

Update: Hey folks...

I just got my results from my MRI I had on Monday and they revealed a herniated disk in my neck. This is not good from what I understand. My doctor told me it is not pressing against my spinal cord. That is a good thing but he told me to let them know immediately if I feel weakness in the legs.

I realize now that it was no laughing matter when I joked that I was nearly turned into a Human PEZ dispenser.

I am not liking the sound of this AT ALL!!!

I have been scheduled to see a neurosurgeon on May 9th. I am also still awaiting a call back from the Pain Management Clinic for my scheduling of my appointment(s).

I had an MRI in 2003 and I did not have this condition. It could only have been a result of the accident. It looks like the ambulance chasers are going to earn some money on this one.

It does no good at all to be J.L. Gotrocks if all I can do with it is get the best wheel chair money can buy and have to be spoon fed with a silver spoon and silk drool cloth while having my depends changed by a stranger or worse yet, a family member for the rest of my life. YIKES! :friends: :chriso:

#18 necrocowboy

necrocowboy

I hate celery !!

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, cooking & flogging dead horses.

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:58 PM

Hey VoodooGuru - hope your holding up OK

Doesn't sound too nice and absolutely understand about the silver spoon & silk cloth comment......not a story for here but feeling for you.

Regards

NC

#19 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:34 AM

Oh dang, that sucks buddy!! I hope you pull through!!

#20 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:45 AM

Wish you luck and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted, OK??

#21 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

:chriso: all I can say hang in there Voodoo ,things gotta get better homey :friends:

#22 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:13 AM

Well, it's been a while so I think it's time for an update. After all of the physical therapy didn't do me any good and I had the MRI done on my neck and it was discovered that I had a herniated or ruptured disk at the C6 - C7 level in my neck. I saw a neurologist and I had some wonderful tests for nerve damage and muscle damage that were inconclusive.

I have been receiving treatment at the pain center in Janesville, WI where they proceeded to give me a series of three epidermal injections of corticosteroids into the affected area. I had two at the C6 - C7 level that did no good whatsoever, so the doctor tried the third one at the C5 - C6 level since I also have degeneration of that area. Needless to say, the shot was also ineffective. As I write this I am dealing with a very nasty headache. The headaches are daily and sometimes I get some real skull crushers. I am now awaiting the next treatment that they will try at the pain clinic. I am not sure what they are gonna do or can do next. I have a lot of weakness in my left arm and radiating pain from my left shoulder, left arm and hand. I also am still experiencing pain in lower back, mid back and left pelvis.

I had an MRI on my lower back that was also inconclusive. They haven't even begun to treat me for my lower back. I will keep you all posted on my next series of treatments. I seriously doubt that I will ever be pain free again. :talker: It sucks right out loud.

I also want to thank everyone once again for their responses and their thoughts.

Now for a little bragging... You are all prolly going to hate me for this...

Check out my new monitor...Posted Image

Bwah-haha-haha-haha-haha...

Yes, it's a 50 inch plasma... tee, hee... ;) :P

On edit, the Dell is just temporary, I am going to hook up a real computer to it later...

Edited by VoodooGuru, 23 July 2007 - 03:16 AM.

#23 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:20 AM

Sweet monitor man! You need to catch up on some Battlestar Galactica on it. Or Extras. Whatever you dig. :P

Sorry to hear about the headaches, that sucks. Are you feeling better at all? I really hope so bud....

#24 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:30 AM

geez buddy, i really hope things get better for you!

on that note, it looks like x64bit.net at a drive in movie theatre :P

#25 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:37 AM

hey don, best to you m8 :P miss you buddy.

#26 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

I hope things get better for you soon ! :talker:

Yes, it's a 50 inch plasma... tee, hee...

;) :P

#27 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

Greetings and Salutations!

It's been a while since I updated this thread.

After 2 and a half years of many different therapies and medications it has finally come down to surgery. I had the c-6 and c-7 vertebrae fused in my neck yesterday. I was in surgery for approximately 3 hours.

They went in through the front of my neck on the right side and performed an Anterior Cervical Discectomy (ACD).

First they removed the damaged disc that was causing me a great deal of pain in my left shoulder, upper back, left arm and hand... not to mention the chronic headaches.

Then they put a piece of cadaver bone between the vertebrae. They finished off by screwing in a metal plate to hold it all together. Because of the plate, I do not need to be in a halo or even use a neck brace.

I can move my head back and forth and up and down, but I have lost a bit of mobility. It appears right now that the pain is gone in my left hand, arm and shoulder/back but I don't want to say for sure yet until I'm off of all of the current medications and fully recovered.

I then proceeded to astonish the sh*t out of the doctors and nurses by eating solid food immediately after the surgery. I had a steak and fries. They simply could not believe it.

I spent the night in the hospital and I was released today. I can return to work in 4 to 6 weeks. I may even be able to ride my mountain bike again someday.

#28 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

:cc_surrender: :scara: :unsure: :huh: :green_beer:

#29 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:28 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Aug 19 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

:cc_surrender: :huh: :scara: :o :green_beer:
What he says!
have a :unsure:

(beer that is, not the pirate-hat)

#30 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:25 AM

:cc_surrender: great news Voodoo glad they managed to get some of it fixed.... :green_beer:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users