18 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:49 AM

Fall premier is here, all the stations are strutting their stuff, What are your favorites this season and what do you think just are not going to make it?

#2 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:44 AM

I'm looking forward to the premier of Dexter, season 4, on Showtime. It's this Sunday, the 27th. Never watched it until this past summer when Comcast offered to give me Showtime for free so I wouldn't quit their cable service. Watched all 3 seasons in the last couple months and it's a really good show. It's already been picked up for a 5th season so i'm not worried it'll get the ax. Really, really looking forward to the premier.

Other than that, just happy The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are back from vacation. BSG is done, True Blood and Flight of the Conchords aired over the spring/summer so they don't count but they're both faves of mine.

The best part of the fall, for me, is that playoff baseball is about to start. AL/NLDS, AL/NLCS, World Series---manna from sports heaven. Plus I'll get to obsess/pray/hope/cheer that the St. Louis Cardinals get their asses handed to them, that's always a bonus. (Sorry Brew and, yes, I realize I get to do that quite often since they win the division over the Cubs all the time.)

Hockey starts back up, football is underway. ESPN2 shows Football/Soccer quite a bit late nights (Go Man. U.).

Not sure about South Park but I think they may be starting up too.

Oh, and Curb Your Enthusiasm is back! Love that show.

#3 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

:lol: House was a blast. I can't wait for Chuck. Ummm...Witches of Eastwick was okay, but I really liked the movie back in the day. Oh...Fringe! Love that show.

#4 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

Entourage is still goin I believe.

The Office is back.

True Blood, but as Banjer mentioned it's done for the season.

I like Weeds as well.

#5 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

Fringe, Heroes, South Park, Mythbusters...
The Daily show, if it will be aired here, which would be nice.

Those are my mains for now, South Park will be back in October if I recall correctly Banj

#6 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

View Postbanj0, on Sep 24 2009, 11:44 PM, said:

The best part of the fall, for me, is that playoff baseball is about to start. AL/NLDS, AL/NLCS, World Series---manna from sports heaven. Plus I'll get to obsess/pray/hope/cheer that the St. Louis Cardinals get their asses handed to them, that's always a bonus. (Sorry Brew and, yes, I realize I get to do that quite often since they win the division over the Cubs all the time.)
Look at it this way, the Cubs will win as many postseason games this year as they did the last two years. :clarky:

But yeah, the Cardinals should clinch the division tonight. I think they have a good shot at their 11th World Series title. :lol:

As for non-sports TV shows, I guess Mythbusters is the only one. I don't watch network TV. The only shows I try not to miss are Mythbusters, The Universe, and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

#7 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 01:05 AM

i'm a last minute fan of "lost", so i'll have to wait til the new year...daily show is always a fav, and conan obrian. fringe would be even better with less violence and more story. lost kinda dropped a notch or 4, with me, because of that...

#8 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

I just watched the first episode of Ken Burns' The National Parks: America's Best Idea on PBS. Episode 2 is tomorrow and apparently they'll all be online starting tomorrow. It's as much about the people behind the parks as it is about the parks themselves. The first episode is basically a biography of John Muir. He was an interesting man to say the least. At Yosemite, he would climb to the tops of trees during storms to "feel what the tree felt."

#9 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

Thx for the heads up, I'd heard about that documentary but completely forgot it was about to air. Will be checking it out for sure. :lol: Ken Burns and his staff do great work. I still have to buckle down and convert "Baseball" from VHS to DVD.

#10 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:10 AM

Ya know, the one thing i hate about this Digital TV switchover is not getting PnP. Kinda suks!

#11 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:07 AM

What's PnP?

Prolly exciting for all 3 people that are hockey fans here, the NHL season is about to start and the Red Wings are opening the season in Sweden against the Blues. Hockeytown east considering the Wings' lineup. Samuelsson is gone but the rest are still here.

Attached Image: swede.jpg

#12 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

View Postbanj0, on Sep 28 2009, 10:07 PM, said:

What's PnP?

Picture in Picture

#13 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

Heroes, Lost (in January i believe) and the office are my main three. Also Flash Forward looked pretty good this past thursday.

OHH and Detroit Basketball and hockey, and Michigan state Football, basketball and hockey.. I can't wait!

Edited by bizketman101, 29 September 2009 - 08:28 PM.

#14 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

View Postbizketman101, on Sep 29 2009, 04:27 PM, said:

Heroes, Lost (in January i believe) and the office are my main three. Also Flash Forward looked pretty good this past thursday.

OHH and Detroit Basketball and hockey, and Michigan state Football, basketball and hockey.. I can't wait!

I like ^ that guy. Except for being a fan of little brother instead of the Wolverines. lol. Hey!

#15 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

:lol: Jon and Steven C rule .....that's all :clarky:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users