#1 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:43 AM

images/news/internet.jpgMaine has become the first state in the US to pass network neutrality legislation, although the resolution that was finally passed is significantly weaker than the initial bill that was considered.

The initial bill, LD 1675, had real teeth to it, laying down the conditions under which Internet service providers could offer products. Lawful content had been to be delivered in a nondiscriminatory fashion, though providers were allowed to charge different prices for different connection speeds or bandwidth caps.

That bill was amended, though, and the amendment rewrote the entire bill, turning it into a much weaker resolution that essentially does nothing but express concern and call for a report.

Ars Technica

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:17 AM

i saw that. i hope this will make the issue a bit more visible (fingers crossed)...

#3 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:51 AM

That's super!!!!!!! I hope IL jumps in soon!!!!!

#4 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:47 PM

:( Nice. Brought some light to the issue, but this could backfire as well (you know how the gov't seems to completely turn things around sometimes). We will just have to see...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users