4 replies to this topic

#1 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

Alright, some of you might remember that since October I am now technical writer for a small software development/security company. I've been writing stuff daily about the news in the information security industry on the company's blogs, writing submissions for contracts, correcting and revising documents and other stuff.

Now I'm also asked to write original stuff to garnish our corporate wiki site. With something like one good piece of text a week, I am to gradually constitute some kind of knowledge base on IT, focusing on security (though not only that). For instance the guy before me wrote something about TLS, and I wrote a text about W3C and another about Microsoft's new Azure cloud-computing platform.

Now after this week's text about data encryption (SSL/TLS, public-private keys, symmetric/asymmetric encryption, RSA and stuff) I gotta find something for next week.

Maybe it's because it's Friday afternoon and I'm tired of my week of work, but I have no clue what to write about, no inspiration. So I ask you, what subjects do you suggest? Maybe there's stuff you have questions about and you'd like to know more about it. I'm doing a lot of research for my texts, and you could benefit from my work if you find ideas that interest you! :(

Have a good weekend anyways guys! :giggle:

#2 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

Emails, attachments and the like. How about basic "what to do" when one of those nasty "Your computer is infected" web based malware programs: how to identify, handle and negate it.

#3 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hey, not a bad idea. Did it happen to you? :(

#4 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

View Posthog, on Jan 11 2010, 06:39 AM, said:

Hey, not a bad idea. Did it happen to you? :(
No, but it has happened at work...twice.

#5 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:15 PM

Didn't talk much about things like email attachments after all, but ended up doing some decent text on scareware and rogue anti-malware. It's in French though :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users