#31 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:41 AM

:lol: How much are you shaking the floors and walls over there dude? :clarky:

For the group, wonder if the bios chip got loose from unbalanced fans or poor manufacturing on the mobo or...?

All props to MO, never heard of a bios chip shaking loose like that. Heard of 'em dying or getting flashed incorrectly but loose? Damn. 'Nother one for the notebook...

#32 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 04:52 AM

heck, didn't sphere mention the loose chip? i forget now lol :lol:

#33 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:52 AM

View Postm.oreilly, on Oct 4 2009, 12:52 AM, said:

heck, didn't sphere mention the loose chip? i forget now lol :clarky:

Haha, I think I actually found it via my Google powers. :lol:

I'm chillin on my new Windows 7. For the record, Winders Disk Management wouldn't let me extend my 40gb system partition into the unallocated space. However, I broke out the Easeus and got 'er done. So now I have just the 2 partitions: Winders 7 Pro and my 800gb data. W00t!

I do have one problem though...and a question.

If you fellers remember, I ended up using the trusty Windows Disk Management to create my RAID +0 array for backing stuff up. When I got the RAID card drives installed and what not it read the disks, however it says that "Redundancy has failed". Basically it's saying the mirror is dead. However, I still see both drives as one volume...and can access everything on it with no problem. When I try to "reactivate" the RAID it says "the plex is missing".

Anyone know what the deal is? If it comes down to it, I don't mind just reformatting one of the drives, copying the important stuff from the one that's still up over to it and just manually backing up onto two drives...but I wouldn't mind getting the RAID rollin again if it's possible...(if it actually isn't working right now because it's acting like it is). I attached a pic.

Other question is that Windows Update decided a driver for my GPU was a required update. When I go to install the actual ATI driver off their site will I need to nuke the Windows one or just install normally?

Thanks for all the help. I can post random absurd pics in return. :P

On edit: It appears that the cause of the failed redundancy was fairly easy to find. One of my failed experiments to fix the problems I was having required me to unplug one of the two drives in the RAID +1 mirrored array, so when Windows started it the 2nd drive in the mirror was gone. However, it's back now and I'm having the same problem. Good times.

In other news I'm fairly certain my mouse is dying. The laser will randomly turn off every now and then. Arsome!1

Attached Image: Untitled.jpg

Edited by eniparadoxgma, 04 October 2009 - 06:02 AM.

#34 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:43 AM

K last post for the night I swear lol

I removed the mirror but now both volumes are "dynamic disks" which means I can't do a thing with them. I'm going to burn all my data on 'em, delete them, then redo the mirror.

Carry on.

#35 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:36 PM

I have non clue about the rest lol, but for the GPU driver, I'm pretty much certain the driver that Windows installs is actually the one provided by ATI. Since I'm running 7 I never downloaded a driver from nVidia for my 8800GTS, so I only installed those that Windows gave me but I still have the nVidia Control Panel and stuff, so I'm guessing it's the same thing.

#36 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:23 PM

View Posthog, on Oct 5 2009, 11:36 AM, said:

I have non clue about the rest lol, but for the GPU driver, I'm pretty much certain the driver that Windows installs is actually the one provided by ATI. Since I'm running 7 I never downloaded a driver from nVidia for my 8800GTS, so I only installed those that Windows gave me but I still have the nVidia Control Panel and stuff, so I'm guessing it's the same thing.

Sup hog. I wasn't going to bother upgrading to the driver from the ATI site, but when I checked the driver details of the one Windows gave me it looked like it was a pretty old version of the ATI driver. They're up to 9 while the Windows one was 8, so I went ahead and upgraded it.

As to the two dynamic disks that were once my RAID +1 back up array, I think I'm going to erase one of them, change it to a basic drive, move the data from the remaining one to somewhere else, make it a basic drive, re-mirror 'em, then put all the data back on.

Good times. :lol:

Other than that, looks like everything's runnin smoothly. Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users