• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nevakonaza

Nevakonaza

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

This may seem a stupid question....but im running windows 7 atm...but i still like how Xp looked,especialy the "Royale theme" for xp you could get.

my question is......it there a theme for windows 7 that will make it look like xp again?

im not realy into all the vista/7 eye candy....only real reason im using 7 is because of Direct x10 hehe

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

that would be kinda neat. i like how the window borders don't "tear" in vista/win7, so it would be cool to have a "luna" win7 theme option.

#3 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

For now, I know Vishal (a member here) has a Win7-theme-for-XP.
If you'd send him a PM (I don't think he actually visits often), he might be able to build you something.

But, on another note, why'd you dislike the 7-theme? I love it! Smooth, clean and user-aimed. I wouldn't want it any other way by now! (Except KDE, but that's not Windows)

#4 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

:moreilly: really dude you can turn off the eye candy in advanced system properties. Only thing you don't get is the old '98 style start menu :cheers:

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

View Poststormrosson, on Oct 17 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

:moreilly: really dude you can turn off the eye candy in advanced system properties. Only thing you don't get is the old '98 style start menu :cheers:
it's just not the same. it's like xp luna, but your window borders don't tear, and maby have thouse nifty dwm effects. so you would still have the aero stuff running, just luna colors, solid borders...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users