4 replies to this topic

#1 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

As we get closer to its October 26 launch date, the broad strokes of Windows 8 are now firmly in place with the final builds having been released to manufacturers, and attention is increasingly focused on getting answers to all of the many remaining questions that continue to loom over it.

One of the biggest questions is that of price. Microsoft has so far officially revealed only its promotional pricing, including a discounted upgrade offer for anyone buying a Windows 7 system between now and January 31 2013. We’ve known for some time that these customers will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $14.99 - and registration for this is now open - but non-promotional pricing has remained elusive.

The Verge may have the answer though. A “source familiar with Microsoft’s plans” revealed to Tom Warren that Windows 8 Pro will launch with a $69.99 promotional price tag, before the cost leaps to $199 once the offer period expires at the end of January. Windows 8 users will also be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro – although it seems that this option will, confusingly, only be available through retail stores – at a discounted price of $69.99 until January, after which the price will jump to $99.99.

As previously reported, users of existing Windows versions will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 online, although this fee is for a download only, and will not include physical media.

Source: The Verge

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE MICROSOFT!!!

#2 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

They'll be lucky to give the pos away, it's like ME and Veesta stuck together with feces and spit with a pretty bow wrapped around it :giggle:

#3 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

View Poststormrosson, on 21 August 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

They'll be lucky to give the pos away, it's like ME and Veesta stuck together with feces and spit with a pretty bow wrapped around it :giggle:

I still wouldn't stick it up my buthole, for free! I want my 'ring' clean :giggle: :devil:

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

now that it's been announced that there is raid0 trim under win7 (intel sata raid), i ain't even going anywhere near win8, or as it should be called, lose8...

#5 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

Falling faster than a 'lead brick', tied to an, em -----> 'lead brick' .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users