#1 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Attached Image: won dibo4.jpg

Microsoft revealed the new logo for Windows 8 several months ago, showing a highly stylized window in place of previous Windows logos that tended to look more like a waving flag. Today, the final design for the box copies of Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro found their way to the Internet and shows that the new logo is heavily a part of its graphics.

The box designs, as shown on The Verge, are for the standard Windows 8 SKU (in white) and for Windows 8 Pro (in black). Only full versions of Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro will be released in box retail copies on DVD discs. As we have reported before, upgrade versions of Windows 8 Pro will only be available for owners of older Windows PCs via an electronic download from Microsoft. The price for the upgrade will be $39.99 until January 31, 2013. Microsoft has yet to comment what the price tag will be for the full retail versions of Windows 8.

You can expect to see both the Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro boxed copies in retail stores on October 26th. The ARM version of Windows 8 and RT, won't be released as a separate product and will only be available with the purchase of a new Windows RT-based hardware device.

Please tell me that MS are really 'taking the piss' now? Surely gotta be a joke, surely!

Still, at least MS are staying consistent with this. Awful product, matching packaging.

Looks more like a 'Duran Duran' album cover from the 80's!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

windows 9! windows 9! windows 9! please!

#3 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Have a good read at this guys lmao....

http://www.dedoimedo...er-preview.html

:giggle:

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

wow, the best article i've read regarding win8! very nice and to the point. i'm glad someone agrees with me!

#5 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

:emo: Ditto that Moboy, yo Rikky thx for the read bud :kiss:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users