#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

From Windows Team Blog:

We set out to make it as easy as possible for everyone to upgrade to Windows 8. Starting at general availability, if your PC is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 you will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 in 131 markets. And if you want, you can add Windows Media Center for free through the “add features” option within Windows 8 Pro after your upgrade.

We believe that your upgrade experience in Windows 8 will be a breeze by offering a faster experience, a single upgrade path, and compatibility from prior versions of Windows. We’ve continued to listen to our customers and have expanded the ability to download to over 100 countries and 37 languages. We have simplified the Windows upgrade experience with the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant which supports you during your upgrade with everything from selecting your language to pausing your download to built-in compatibility checks - it’s seamless. And if you’re an enthusiast you will have the flexibility to download and control how you upgrade.
If you prefer to shop at a local store, a packaged DVD version of the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro will be available for $69.99 during this promotion.
This upgrade promotion for Windows 8 Pro both online and at retail runs through January 31st, 2013.
We wanted to share information about this upgrade promotion with you as we continue to drive toward the RTM milestone for Windows 8. We will of course have more to say and more details to provide closer to general availability.
Oh, and by the way - if you’re not upgrading from a prior version of Windows and are building your own PC or installing Windows 8 in a virtual machine or a separate partition, you will be able to purchase and install the Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro System Builder product.

Windows Team Blog

#2 scaramonga

scaramonga

CALLING ALL STATIONS

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Nice pricing strategy from MS, as they already know it wont sell well at the usual prices. ;)

As for me, it could cost 1 Cent, and they still wont get my money for this heap of crap :)

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

i'm still not over server having metro...i mean, wtf? and then we have apple: choice of scientologists: i wonder how the arabic world deal with job's mob items? who the F uses 'tablets'? the ghaydar is strong here, luke!

#4 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on 03 July 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

who the F uses 'tablets'?

Moses did :fez: :unsure:

Attached Image: 20110328135141!Moses_with_Ipad.jpg

Thou shalt not be grumpy Mo

#5 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

i bet "thou shall not use metro" was one of the entries...

#6 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostNvyseal, on 03 July 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Moses did :fez: :unsure:

Attachment 20110328135141!Moses_with_Ipad.jpg

Thou shalt not be grumpy Mo

View Postm.oreilly, on 04 July 2012 - 03:09 AM, said:

i bet "thou shall not use metro" was one of the entries...

:devil: blasfemy ...lol... :giggle:

#7 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

haha, ya never know...

Also tagged with Windows 8, Microsoft, Upgrade, XP, Vista, Windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users