23 replies to this topic

#1 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hello everyone, since I now have my first official holiday job. I am currently working on a wine farm. In the tasting room, so you come in and I tell you all about the wines. I love it, learning so much about wine.

What you guys and gals do?

#2 talker

talker

Being a Priest is not always easy.

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:Ah lets see...gee, I know...computers.

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

Good thought Linoman. I have often wondered what some of the folks here did with their time.

Well, my first calling is that of a Priest. Even though I cannot do it full time it is still my first concern of heart and mind. I look forward to the day when the church will be in a position to offer support and I can do that full time with a part time job to suppliment. Here's the church web site...

The Church of the Resurrection of Peace

Until then, I am a meat cutter at a local restaurant. All of the meat, (beef, pork, etc) arrives in bulk and I am the one that cuts it down to steak and pork chop size. I also do the marinating and aging. Most of this is done with a band saw and then hand trimming for the rest...talker. :cool2:

#3 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

Funny you should ask now, I am currently between jobs, I was working on a Oil Rig, however the fact that I was away from my family for a week at a time was getting too much for them.

#4 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:06 PM

View Posttalker, on Dec 20 2006, 08:25 AM, said:

Good thought Linoman. I have often wondered what some of the folks here did with their time.

Well, my first calling is that of a Priest. Even though I cannot do it full time it is still my first concern of heart and mind. I look forward to the day when the church will be in a position to offer support and I can do that full time with a part time job to suppliment. Here's the church web site...

The Church of the Resurrection of Peace

Until then, I am a meat cutter at a local restaurant. All of the meat, (beef, pork, etc) arrives in bulk and I am the one that cuts it down to steak and pork chop size. I also do the marinating and aging. Most of this is done with a band saw and then hand trimming for the rest...talker. :cool2:

u mind cutting me a nice tender loin :scara: or a T Bone :rofl:

#5 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:12 PM

I currently work as a Network Administrator for a local Independent Insurance Agency. My second job is school and DeVry. :cool2:

#6 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

I work here. FTW!!

#7 Scuba

Scuba

I see you!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:32 PM

View PostDavid_Heavey, on Dec 20 2006, 11:37 AM, said:

I work here. FTW!!
That would be a sweet job to have.

As for me, Im a student who works part time at a resturant. It sucks but I cant wait to get my B.S. in Tech Management. :cool2:

#8 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:05 AM

View PostScuba, on Dec 20 2006, 07:32 PM, said:

That would be a sweet job to have.
It can be. But to be honest, sometimes I look at a PC and think "not again". (I guess) Like every other job it can get repetitive.

#9 WFO

WFO

Super Adv. Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:31 AM

I'm a Stationary Engineer. In the old days that meant you drank a lot and stayed in one place manually operating controls on boilers so they didn't explode. :scara:

In this day and age it means you are capable of troubleshooting and repairing any piece of equipment in an office building, hospital or production plant. Jack of all trades, master of most. Underpaid for skill level and knowledge required. Bitch, bitch bitch. :cool2:

#10 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:33 AM

View PostLinoman, on Dec 20 2006, 04:46 AM, said:

Hello everyone, since I now have my first official holiday job. I am currently working on a wine farm. In the tasting room, so you come in and I tell you all about the wines. I love it, learning so much about wine.

Hell ya Lino...i currently work for the Olive Garden as a server. Been with them a long time, started cooking for them back in 98, and did that for 3 years. I also helped open and train servers in 2 restaurants as well. Now i just serve. I did get sent to Italy to become a wine ambassador for the company (24 servers a year go) and i LOVE wine. I was going to be a manager, but after having my little girl (2002) i decided against it. Now i am a college student trying to get my BA in accounting with emphasis in info systems. When i moved back to WA in i had to start my degree all over again. Sigh. I will be done in about 2 years.

#11 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

View PostChristopholofigus, on Dec 21 2006, 09:33 AM, said:

I will be done in about 2 years.
Good luck my man :cool2:

#12 Linoman

Linoman

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

Oh well, work is such a strange thing. At the moment I am lucky I really enjoy my holiday job

#13 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:36 PM

Im a geologist, what means that i am also a bit crazy... lol... :cool2:

#14 David_Heavey

David_Heavey

=IBF2= Cofounder

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

View Postvrosa x64, on Dec 21 2006, 07:36 PM, said:

Im a geologist
Man I wanted to do that. But being Irish I never made it passed the first pub on the street ...

#15 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

View PostLinoman, on Dec 20 2006, 04:46 AM, said:

What a coincidence- I'm a wine taster. :scara: I go from winery to winery tasting wines. Which winery, er ... farm, do you work for, and where? Maybe I'll stop by. :cool2:

Actually- I am a manager for an auto parts store. But we do vacation in Napa Valley about every other year, it is one of my few pleasures I really enjoy. :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users