#1 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

Lessee:

Camera: Kodak EasyShare Z760 http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Digi...l/dp/B0007RALGE

I use a 2gb micro SD card inside a regular size SD adapter and just plug the MicroSD card into its USB thingimabob to get pics/vids from the cam to the PC (http://www.newegg.co...820134545...btw that deal is so good I just ordered another for the helluvit...even if you don't use SD cards you can just use it as a 2gb USB drive)

ANYHOW, the camera can shoot crappy .mov video and I'll sometimes take video with it when the need arises and I don't have my camcorder.

I have some new .movs I took of my daughter jamming out on a badminton racket and singing along, etc. It's super-awesome.

However, when I transferred them onto my computer I could only get video, and no sound. I tried playing them with Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player to no avail. I then updated my K-Lite Codec pack to the latest version with still no luck. However, when I pop the card back into the camera it plays them with both sound and video.

So...I want to make sure that I get sound on these files. Any suggestions? I can always up one of the smaller ones.

TIA, y'all. :christo:

#2 brewin

brewin

Victory is mine!

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting.

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Have you tried it in Quicktime?

If that doesn't work, could it be possible that the video and audio are different files? Maybe an .mov for video and an .mp3 for audio. Probably not.

#3 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Remove the full & bloated Quicktime from your system completely.

Install Quicktime Alternative (latest, not bloated, and comes with better codecs) :christo:

Your movies will then play with sound as if by magic.

:christo:

#4 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:23 PM

another audio related codec pack (also video) is the "cccp".

#5 Tweak

Tweak

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 01:32 AM

Codec packs are horrible, just like Rik mentioned about QT, the alternatives are better choices. You may wish to download Gpot however and see what it can offer as far as information on what you could use...check it out. http://www.free-code...nload/GSpot.htm

#6 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:05 AM

I actually had this same thing happen my dad has a kodak camera I however do not remember what I did, probably used VLC.

#7 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:16 AM

Yep,
I had the reverse happen once- sound but no picture-

once you get the right codecs for the application your using you'll see and hear it all!!

#8 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 03:23 AM

Well, I feel stupid. I'm sure I'll get some of the usual "maybe you should get a Mac" comments (looking at YOU, Banjer :davex: )...but here's the dealio:

I never install QuickTime anymore. As was previously mentioned, it's a bloated POS. (Don't you have to install ITunes just to install QuickTime now? Bah)

What I always do when I do a fresh install of Winders is:

Install Winders, drivers, and update Winders.

Then as far as codecs go, I slap a fresh install of K-Lite Codec Pack on there, Media Player Classic, QuickTime Alternative, and Real Alternative. That's all I ever need.

What happened...apparently...is that I never installed QuickTime Alternative this time...for some reason. Maybe I was Banjoed-I mean... drunk as hell when I did my fresh OS install. :christo: Regardless, I guess it never came up in the last few months since I reformatted because almost all the .movs I watch (nUn pr0nz) I don't really need the sound for. :christo:

So...umm...I just downloaded and installed QT Lite, which is apparently the successor to QuickTime Alternative, and all is now functioning properly.

I...um...meant to do that? :o

Regardless, thanks for all the support guys. It's good to know you guys got my back when I have a flashback and try to insert a floppy disk into my DVD drive.

#9 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:00 AM

View Posteniparadoxgma, on Sep 17 2008, 08:23 PM, said:

...and try to insert a floppy disk into my DVD drive.

um, you mean i can't do that? banj said i could... :christo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users