• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 bmn

bmn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:42 AM

Well I have to say I love my Dell lol I've only had to 'talk' to support twice in a one year time!

1. Installed a game, monitor tured off after 15 in the game, uninstalled it, install another game, samething, call support, told me to exit, look at my power setting (even though I did this already), told them it was set to never turn off, said "Okay", told me they are going to send someone out (it must have been a Sunday and they came out Wensday), installed a new video card FREE!

2. Lost my reinstaller CD for XP, installed something, needed the CD, looked all over my room/house, didn't find it, talked to support in a chat room, asked if the CD(s) can with the PC, siad "Yes", 12 hours* later I got the CD's!

So I would say my vote is for Dell, I aslo like the fact that all I have to do is push down and slide back and my case is open!

As far as building a PC yes I have done it before but all the one's I gotten where hammi down one's so the last PC I had before my Dell was an already 6 year computer that had 320MB PC-100 RAM, P-II 350MHz, 6GB HDD, 400 watt powersuply, Abit AB-BH6 mother board, CD player, CD bunner, Voodoo 3 2000 16MB video card and finaly the mother board faild after replaceing it once before, the RAM, the powersuply twice, hard drive... don't let me get into that lol, and CD bunner!

Although Dell dose not use AMD because if they did I would go and fix as much PC's as I can find, get a job, and not spend it for months so I get an XPS gen 5 desktop or XPS gen 2 laptop ;)

* = No lie! The session was started at 1:14:26 placed the order in for a new CD 1:36:53, got up the next morring (hearing the door bell) to see DHL handing me a box from Dell, opened it up and there it was my XP CD and some recovery disk to lol

Edited by bmn, 31 October 2005 - 06:42 AM.

#47 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:34 PM

Overall i don't like the thought of a ready made pc, its not truly custom even if you say what spec you want and the whole thing.

I prefer to know that i put each and every thing in my computers, i like to know if it goes wrong only me to blame and no confusion.

Simple, building pc's is ME as a person

#48 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

I enjoy building a pc just as much karl... but when time is hard and money is low sometimes you just need a pc... dell's affordable and reliable, for the most part, Just don't open it up around your idiot brother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users