32 replies to this topic

#16 stevenaxe

stevenaxe

Official Vista Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:30 AM

no, i know windows like the back of my hand, os x i just don't get at all...i tried to use it, but i just don't have the powe and control i do with windows...apple makes good editing software and what not, and i love their designs, but i refuse to acknowledge os x as a good os

#17 tntoak

tntoak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:06 AM

no, i know windows like the back of my hand, os x i just don't get at all...i tried to use it, but i just don't have the powe and control i do with windows...apple makes good editing software and what not, and i love their designs, but i refuse to acknowledge os x as a good os

I can't figure out what you mean by lacking "power and control", especially since OSX does have Terminal and the command-line powers that a Linux distro has. Also, there are a lot of nice features in OSX - several of which are being duplicated in part in Windows Vista.

#18 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:38 AM

...and Jobs has finaly given his blessing to allow the use of a multi button mouse...
and intel :)

#19 Twitchness

Twitchness

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:46 PM

View Poststevenaxe, on Oct 23 2005, 09:30 PM, said:

It's not that you don't have the power and control that you have with Windows, it's just you don't have the experience to manipulate OS X in the same manner. IMHO, OS X is just as good, if not better than Windows, and definitely has a better GUI from the factory than XP. Think about it, if the GUI wasn't better in at least some ways, why would Microsoft implement the same functionality in Vista?

Basically...it's not that you don't have the power and control, you just haven't played with it long enough.

#20 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:23 PM

I actually feel...cut off when i am using a mac, hell all i want to do is there somewhere...

And not just that, there is stuff i have, that won't work for it, my old English teacher (actually only 24 but i no longer go to school...) admitted Windows has more apps and is more 'universal'.

#21 Twitchness

Twitchness

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:13 PM

View PostKW13, on Nov 27 2005, 10:23 AM, said:

I actually feel...cut off when i am using a mac, hell all i want to do is there somewhere...

And not just that, there is stuff i have, that won't work for it, my old English teacher (actually only 24 but i no longer go to school...) admitted Windows has more apps and is more 'universal'.

That's true, there are a lot more programs for Windows, and yes, Windows is more "universal," because it's cheaper. You can spend $500 for a Windows system and another $300 on software and have the necessities covered, for a Mac, it'd be at least double, probably closer to triple that. But then again, you won't have the stability of a Mac, the security (seriously, how often do you hear about people with Macs getting hacked?), and, well, the all around stylish good looks. ;)

Yeah, Windows is more widely accepted. But when it comes down to looks....me personally, I'd rather spend the money on a Mac.

#22 stevenaxe

stevenaxe

Official Vista Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

View PostTwitchness, on Nov 26 2005, 06:46 PM, said:

It's not that you don't have the power and control that you have with Windows, it's just you don't have the experience to manipulate OS X in the same manner. IMHO, OS X is just as good, if not better than Windows, and definitely has a better GUI from the factory than XP. Think about it, if the GUI wasn't better in at least some ways, why would Microsoft implement the same functionality in Vista?

Basically...it's not that you don't have the power and control, you just haven't played with it long enough.
Well, I played with windows for thirteen ******* years and know it pretty well, I don't feel like I should waste my time learning another os x that I find inferior to windows... :medieval:
The only thing I give apple credit for is designs, i HATE os x and in no way like it ;)

#23 Twitchness

Twitchness

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:37 PM

Woah man, chill for a minute.

It seems you took my post the entirely wrong way. Didn't mean to offend you, just stating an opinion......it takes a while to pick up on Mac, but it's what I learned on. You're comfortable with Windows, that's your thing....all my post meant was, you're not necessarily lacking the functionality in OS X, you're just not used to it. The functionality's there, regardless.

But again....no offense meant.

#24 stevenaxe

stevenaxe

Official Vista Tester

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

View PostTwitchness, on Nov 27 2005, 06:37 PM, said:

Woah man, chill for a minute.

It seems you took my post the entirely wrong way. Didn't mean to offend you, just stating an opinion......it takes a while to pick up on Mac, but it's what I learned on. You're comfortable with Windows, that's your thing....all my post meant was, you're not necessarily lacking the functionality in OS X, you're just not used to it. The functionality's there, regardless.

But again....no offense meant.
:ph34r: i didn't take it offensively, sorry if you took mine that way :) :cowboy:
simply put, i wanted to say that I know windows inside and out, and i've been with it thru the good and the bad (ME :) ) i don't see why I should waste my time learning another os that I feel is inferior to what i prefer. I use linux, and it has its advantages but overall i find it inferior to windows

in regard to the gui, you have to realize that apple controls their hardware directly, they can make an amazing gui because they know that what computers are sold will be able to handle it...microsoft has to wait for that because they don't control the hardware directly, they could have made it earlier but not many computers would support it...vista is doing a lot for computers, its evolutionary, but i admit its a lot of the user interface (in more ways than just eye candy, like making things simpler) blackcomb will be the **** ;) that will be revolutionary...i think big plans are coming for blackcomb, because by the time it is released I'm sure finally connecting everything to a pc would be acceptable and possible. Lets face it, I don't care how good vista's media center will be, it can only do so much because of the demand

and again, sorry if you thought i took it offensively and i didn't mean to knock on you before :cowboy:

#25 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:54 AM

Twitch, remind me to smack you around a bit next time I see you ;)

Yeah, going to school I remember learning on a Mac, man, hated that thing, with a passion lol, And yes, they do have good looks, but you can do the same with Windows, before or after Vista. They have themes and even now, an OS X mock up theme, if you'd like I can get you links. And OS X is different, I think that's why everyone hides from it, OHH NO, something different, I couldn't possibly take 30 minutes out of my day to start to understand that!!!

I hate Macs IMHO, but that preference, I've used both Macs and Windows and Windows is just user friendly and yes universal and yet again, compatible. But then again, in being so popluar, Twitch has a point, there's way too many viruses and bugs, Mac viruses and bugs are a rarity, and Macs seem to be more specific built, You can get one built for home computing, or next to it is the one for Video editing, and then over here you have the one built for GUI. It's all preference, for Windows, it's install, grab your disc/ download and have a go, you have everything at your finger tips. But with Macs, when it's time for an upgrade, use the old one as a door stop and go buy a new one. For Winodws, Wipe your drive and give a clean install. It's ALL about what YOU prefer, we can sit here all day and argue about what's better here or there, but if your not comfortable, why use it?

Sorry, just my views on things :ph34r:

#26 tntoak

tntoak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:45 AM

Well, I played with windows for thirteen ******* years and know it pretty well, I don't feel like I should waste my time learning another os x that I find inferior to windows... medieval.gif
The only thing I give apple credit for is designs, i HATE os x and in no way like it

Judging from your posts, you never took the time to get as familiar with OSX as Windows. How can you even judge which OS is better if you've spent years on one and only a few hours or days on the other?

#27 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:29 PM

I spent 6 years on a Mac Computer, then I switched :P I am happier now ;)

#28 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:00 PM

LOL here is one thing for you all...nice HUGE screen, all in one apple computer...its got no flippin' power button...how the HELL do you turn it on...

That was me about not long ago at college :P

#29 gamer_pro_2000

gamer_pro_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:15 PM

I like Windows for gaming and custimizing, MAC for video editing and photo editing, and Linux for everything else :P .

#30 RedInferno

RedInferno

Your mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:17 PM

View PostShadowFox, on Nov 30 2005, 07:29 AM, said:

I spent 6 years on a Mac Computer, then I switched :D I am happier now :D
No!! You're deluding yourself!!!! COme back to the light!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!

:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users