3 replies to this topic

#1 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:03 PM

When i ask, is Linux on a Treadmill....i mean after a release, does anything change?

A couple of folks think yes, desktop domination, and there is no denying you no longer need to be a rocket scientist just to install it.

But after all this time, Vista is gonna step in...OSX will surely upgrade their standards as well.

Do you think Linux is gonna be left behind again?

DWM and Aero mean a cool GUI, and more features promised put Vista at least a step ahead, and OSX Tiger comes with Expose, an AMAZING search feature that means that the minute you want something, its there!

Tell me what you think.

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:57 PM

i think linux still has a bit to go, quite a bit actualy, to be a daily driver
for the majority of users. the poor graphics/storage support (yes, drivers :blink: ) along
with app install nightmares and lack of entertainment features leave much to be desired.
and yes, i am not a rocket scientist :withstupid:

#3 Visentinel

Visentinel

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:25 AM

Linux always has a long time to go, When Linux makes a step forward windows and Mac OS take 2 steps, I honestly do not see Linux as anything more as an OS to have abit of fun with and maybe dual boot, Linux is basically a Server for Ironically Gaming where Windows Clients are connecting and HTTP / FTP Servers.

#4 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

its not that i hate linux, its just everything i need it doesn't have.

I don't mind the interface so much, i just like the 100% cross platforming i get with my friends, all my hardware and most importantly SOFTWARE!

nevermind running Wine to use windows apps on linux, i just want windows :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users