38 replies to this topic

#1 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:28 PM

Hey people, it's been a while since I posted due to a horrendous damn near head on collision with a semi-tractor trailer that nearly turned me into a human PEZ dispenser on Superbowl Sunday. I had the right of way and the driver of the truck got a ticket for failure to yield. <sniff, sniff> What's that I smell? it smells like... money!

by law trucking firms are required to have a minimum of $2,000,000 of insurance and I have a lawyer from a law firm that has an excellent reputation as ambulance chasers. Christ, I am up to my ears in mail from every ambulance chaser in the state!

I am still recovering, but I just thought I'd share some of the photos from the accident with you. It will give you some idea of why it has been a while since I posted...

Attached Files

Edited by VoodooGuru, 12 April 2007 - 11:52 PM.

#2 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

Holy cow man, Looks like your lucky to be alive!!

good to see you back :cool2:

#3 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

:pray: holy crap Voodoo, looks like u nearly cashed in your chips bud! Damn glad u didn't tho. U prolly still remember me from tha PAMD moderating days (chuckle) I was nuelrosson there. Glad you're still hangin with us WOOT !! :cool2:

#4 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

HOLY CRAPPO!!!!!!!!!! You are one lucky dude!!! I would say that counts as one of your nine lives, maybe even two!!! lol
Hope you keep feeling better and better everyday!! Are you back to work yet? Sew that stupid semi dude for all he's worth!!! I tell ya, I drive a lot and semi's act like they own the road way to much. Yeah, I understand they are big and can have a hard time sometimes, but my goodness are they cocky sometimes.
Anyways, I am glad you made it through.
What kind of car you gonna get? Cause I'm no expert but I would say that is totalled. ROFL

#5 Camaro

Camaro

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

wow, you are one lucky guy alright. glad you made it, I sure hope your not too injured.

#6 Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Established Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:39 PM

What the............
How'd you............
where'd you............
well............

DAMN!!!

Just glad you're still with us!!

#7 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

:pray: well ding dang, Don!!! geez, you lucky sod! thank the heavens you're still with us :cool2: i hope you are well, and that the financial outcome is satisfactory ;)

#8 banj0

banj0

American Idle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

Really, really glad you're ok VG. How are you feeling? Recovery going ok?

#9 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:41 AM

Hey people. thanks for all of your thoughts.

I am doing fairly well. I was fortunate enough to not have any broken bones. I took a pretty good hit to the left side of my body including cuts and contusions to my left leg, left pelvis, lower back, left ribs (very painful) and sternum, left shoulder and arm and my upper back and neck. I got a good case of whiplash I also sustained a concussion.

I have just been through 2 months of ultrasound and physical therapy which didn't do much good. My therapist asked me if there is ever any time when I am not in ppain and I told, "yeah, when I'm asleep'. :cool2:

I have had a CAT scan and I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow for my neck and spine; then it is on to the Pain Management Clinic. I suspect my doctor is of the opinion that I will suffer from neck and back pain for the rest of my life. I also suspect he is right since he wants me to go to the PMC.

I have been back to work for a while because I was going stir crazy at home but I have a 15 pound weight limit from my doctor indefinitely. I am no longer on any pain meds because they were messin' with my intestinal tract so all I get is ibuprofen which is pretty much worthless and some muscle relaxers that help a little.

I also got this nifty little home traction device that goes around my head and has a water ballast bag on some pulleys to stretch my vertebrae in my neck so it doesn't grind so much.

Loads of fun and lots of laughs. This is one E-ticket ride I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Al I know is that I am in pain from the moment I wake up in the morning until I go to sleep at night with the aid of some muscle relaxers and some prescription sleep medication and sometimes a couple of night time Tylenol for good measure.

I'll keep you all posted on my progress. My ambulance chaser will not be doing anything until after all of my medical treatment options have been exhausted and they evaluate my injuries. It could be a while, but I hope I get what compensation is due me for my injuries as well as future pain and suffering. I'm sure glad it was a driver of a trucking firm and not an independent. That should make a big difference.

Stay tuned next week, same bat time, same bat channel...

#10 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:49 AM

;) please do keep us posted buddy :cool2: oh, you will need to get on the skype chat :pray:

#11 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:30 AM

View PostRoadrunner, on Apr 8 2007, 09:39 AM, said:

What the............
How'd you............
where'd you............
well............

DAMN!!!

Just glad you're still with us!!
:pray: Amen

View Postm.oreilly, on Apr 8 2007, 07:49 PM, said:

:rofl: please do keep us posted buddy :cool2: oh, you will need to get on the skype chat ;)
Yeah, although i'm not on as much as i used to be...it would be great to see ya there.

#12 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:50 PM

I was in shock to read that ! I m glad that your ok. good luck

Edited by simon, 13 April 2007 - 12:32 PM.

#13 tazgirl

tazgirl

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:i love computer swork

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

wow i am simons wife i hope u doing well. glad u back i havent posted in a while so u mite not no me that was a serious accadent did u get mercy flight write me if u want u can on msn misminnie34@hotmail.com i also got yahoo tazgirl14131@yahoo.com. as soon as u can im me k . im dede simons wife.

#14 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:38 PM

Wow ! danm accident ! :pray:

You're really a lucky guy. Its good to see you're ok ! :cool2:

#15 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

Good luck with that..... looks very much ouch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users