4 replies to this topic

#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

It's official -- Samsung has gone off hard disk drives. Not only has the company announced two new portables that use solid state disk (SSD, aka flash) technology, but it recently told Crave that it'll no longer make MP3 players with traditional hard disks, a la iPod.

True to this new philosophy, it's just announced the NT-Q30-SSD 12.1-inch laptop and the NT-Q1-SSD -- a new version of its ill-received Q1 ultra-mobile PC. Unlike the original Q1, the new device features absolutely no moving parts -- the hard drive has been removed in favour of a 32GB SSD.

The swap is intended to make it faster and more durable than its predecessor. Samsung claims the new model can boot up 25 to 50 per cent faster than conventional laptops as it has a read speed of 53MB per second and a write speed of 28MB per second. This allows smoother simultaneous running of multiple applications, plus the reduced weight of an SSD makes the NT-Q1-SSD about 20g lighter than the original

Attached File  Q1.jpg   17.27K   30 downloads

Read More

#2 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:26 PM

i'd like to see more on the lappy. a good idea, imho :huh:

#3 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:39 PM

yup they need to have slots where you can add more Digital Disks

#4 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:42 AM

I think they are right. My cardreader can r/w faster then my harddisks in my old server. This because they are slower, and that's only a cardreader!

#5 VROSA

VROSA

Ghost Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Hardware, Software, Alphas and Betas, OS Mods, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Linux, Games, Fun, Friends.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

Right, the idea is guite good, but i would like to know about the prices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users