#1 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

If your tired of hearing about the WWDC, here's a change

It is the world's smallest, portable microwave and can be powered via a link to the USB port on a laptop computer. The turquoise device -called the Beanzawave - has been created in partnership with Heinz to allow workers tied to their desks to create a warm snack, or hot drink, to see them through the day. However, it might also sustain a hard-working student through the many hours of lonely revision. And the convenience of powering it from a laptop computer means you could tuck into a hot snack while flying on holiday or even on the train.

To date, the device, which stands just 7.4inches tall by 6.2in wide and 5.9in deep, is only a prototype. However, experts at the Microwave Association insist the sophisticated miniaturised technology does exist to turn the eye-catching gadget into a reality. The mini-micro has been designed by microwave expert Gordon Andrews and Stephen Frazer, an authority on industrial design and managng director of Frazer Designers. 'It is possible to heat a pie, a burger, a cup of soup or tea in quick time,' he said.

'There is the option of powering it with lithium ion batteries that would make it completely portable, which would be a help to fishermen, campers or sportsmen.'

Mr Andrews said he created the oven after being approached for help by Heinz, who wanted a portable microwave that would work with its Snap Pots.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Via: Daily Mail.UK

#2 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

It's ugly, but really nice IMO.

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:23 AM

wonder when the mac version comes out...can't let them latte's get cold now...

#4 Sphere

Sphere

The moth next to my brain is Bart, say hi to him if you like

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
  • Interests:I'm a Dutchy, that means I'm not a German (which doesn't sound/look the same to me!) also, being a Dutchy means I'm an idiot... sort off!

And I def. need to get a real life again... I'm bored with my current life, ideas can be pm'd to me!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:49 AM

Wonder how much it'll drain your laptops battery...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users