#1 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

Howdy all.

My friggin 24 inch WS LCD monitor took a crap on me in the last couple weeks. Acer, btw. After waking it up from being powered off it would give me a bunch of lines and flickering and eventually clear up after a little time. It would be normal until the next time it was powered off and then do the same thing. Then, the time required for it to get back to normal kept getting longer and longer, and eventually the damn thing just started screwing up all the time.

(I don't know anything about monitors but have been led to believe this could be a problem with the circuit or circuitry)

Anyhow, I've only had the thing since last September and I have a 3 year warranty on it. However, now I have to "remove the stand" and ship it to them.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience shipping LCD monitors and could give me some advice on how to do it. Other than removing the base, wrapping the thing up with some towels, taking it to UPS and saying "can you help me package this thing?" I don't really have a clue.

Thanks.

(I hate you Acer)

#2 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

I take it you dont have the original packaging.

Best thing is to take corrigated cardboard and wrap the edges. add a piece to cover the screen. Tightly wrap in bubblewrap then get a large box, fill with package peanuts set the moinitor in the box then tightly pack the box with more peanuts.

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

i think mine shipped w/ a styrofoam "frame" that kept the face away from the doubled cardboard layered bottom of the box. maybe a box for the screen, a smaller box for the stand, then put both in an even bigger box, and pack accordingly?

#4 chriso_86

chriso_86

Director of Technology Development

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Interests:GOLFING, biking, movies, gaming (pc and xbox360), hanging with friends.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 06:59 PM

yeah, if you don't have a frame then be sure to put a towel or something over the screen to protect it from the cardboard!! You should really try to keep all the boxes from that sort of stuff!! We just throw all of ours in our crawlspace and forget about them!

#5 hog

hog

official linguist

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:35 PM

View Postchriso_86, on Jul 6 2007, 02:59 PM, said:

yeah, if you don't have a frame then be sure to put a towel or something over the screen to protect it from the cardboard!! You should really try to keep all the boxes from that sort of stuff!! We just throw all of ours in our crawlspace and forget about them!
Yup, I keep all my boxes, including shipping boxes from NCIX and other companies. You never know when those thousands of foam peanuts and meters of bubblewrap might be useful!

#6 eniparadoxgma

eniparadoxgma

Thomas S. Arashikage

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

I wish I did have the friggin box still, but after a week or so I usually toss them as there just isn't enough room around this place. That's university housing for ya.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I definitely want to keep this thing in one piece.

My current combo of a 15 inch CRT and 32 inch TV is doable...but I need my monitor back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users