A wee bit of CS3 help?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Apr 1 2009, 12:21 AM, said:

:cheers: lol scara, that is not true...you set the ram allotment in"preferences" the same place you set up your scratch... :rofl_mini:

Yes, but at a chance of 'limiting' the amount of RAM Pshop will use, thus creating a bigger chance of it using the allocated 'scratch' proportion :giggle: - swings and roundabouts I'm afraid :rofl_mini:

There is no 'balance' as regards the 'shop', some can be working on 2Mb images, some professionals - 400Gb+ images?

#17 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

true, but this is basically aimed (ram limit) on the 32bit of days gone by...for me, just dealing with a max of 20 megs of images at a time, no animation, this is a great solution, and at worse, i get a notice that i need more ram allotted, which i highly doubt will ever happen :cheers: (i set the max allowed, so there, mr poopy pants... :rofl_mini: )

#18 Guest_scaramonga_*

Guest_scaramonga_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Anyway.....STFU mo, get the zoo in, then come on Skype lol! :rofl_mini:

:cheers:

#19 Christopholofigus

Christopholofigus

NQA-1

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Interests:Holy CRAPBALLS! I totally remember this place!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Mar 31 2009, 12:48 PM, said:

found the answer: ramdrive! works like a charm. cs3 sees it as a drive, and it is now the dedicated scratch drive (2 gigs of my memory is used, and i save a blank disk image so i can have it show up again as a drive in windows). i'll see how it works being reloaded at the next reboot...
ramdisk xp/vista/win7 32/x64:
http://www.cenatek.c...age_ramdisk.php
Now that is something I need to look into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users