48 replies to this topic

#16 VoodooGuru

VoodooGuru

When I get a chance, I get up and dance and do the Curly shuffle

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

I had the same problem with the install hanging at stage 3 and never completing.

I did a system restore using the install dvd and disabled my antivirus software before retrying the install and the service pack installed without a hitch. It appears that the culprit was definitely my antivirus proggy... Surprise, surprise... I am using Symantec.

BTW, I am running Vista Ultimate x64 on a POS Dell PC that I got for free. I certainly would never buy a Dell. I hope this is helpful to anyone experiencing install problems.

#17 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:34 PM

yes i did test use by my OS boot CD seem not able boot up and BIOS just FROZEN and anything i did try anything but same not work

#18 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

well, unless you have made prior hardware/bios changes, looks like you have a failed thingy in there somewhere. again, is this a stock hp, as in no replacement of any items, the original os installed, no attempts at overclocking, etc? you mentioned the interior of the case: so it has been opened? heck, without knowing all this, and the environment where the system is stored, i'm stumped. i've heard of peeps trying these altered bios to crack vista, but you say you have the home preimum, which this system comes with. i can't really see vista, or any os for that matter, causing post/bios issues, unless memory/cpu/gpu clocks were changed (via software). you said you "cleared" the cmos: was the power cord removed from the wall outlet, and the jumper replaced back on it's proper pins?

#19 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:21 PM

oh yes i did put it back and still not work and we didn't change anything in system and BIOS and other..... and first time i never know that new HP got crashed after 3 months and we just installed software for downloader...and other.....

#20 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

i'm tech person but you know i'm not good at engish... anyway i say that last post but i knew things hardware and software for over 13 years.....

there test for you....

there computer don't have hard drive, CD-ROM, floppy and BIOS don't support USB boot.... how able you access it??

#21 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

pull the hard drive, try only using one stick of ram, no usb items installed, and a ps/2 keyboard, and see if you get to bios. if you can, then shut down, reinstall the hard drive, and reboot, and see what happens. if nothing has been altered (hardware of any kind), no spills or any other system threatening situation, you have a freak hardware failure. with the side of the case removed, during a reboot attempt, are the fans working? any beeps? indicator lights? if this doesn't do anything, try a boot without the video card (unless it's onboard). you should be at least getting some failure beeps, unless the system is shutting down do to an overheating cpu/chipset, a bad psu...or, even a bad motherboard (bad caps, etc). i wish you well.

#22 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:12 AM

TomHP and i didn't hear any beeping from computer and you knew i told you many time BIOS is FROZEN

#23 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

View PostLyle, on Feb 16 2008, 04:12 PM, said:

TomHP and i didn't hear any beeping from computer and you knew i told you many time BIOS is FROZEN

"frozen bios" makes no sense. did you try what i suggested? you either have a bad component(s), or corrupted your bios...which is it? kinda hard to corrupt a bios, unless someone got carried away and flashed the board with the wrong bios file, powered down before the flash was complete, or...? i dunno. i would think it highly unlikely that vista altered your bios, therefor either a piece of hardware (at least try removing components to see if there is a change, or inspect the cpu hsf for a bad fan, etc), or someone tampered with the system. do you have another psu you could try? this ain't rocket surgery :christo: ...

#24 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:29 AM

well it was frozen like BIOS on monitor it did show but just frozen and can not able access any key to BIOS setting and can not boot to windows and all of that.... i didn't change the system and hardware... before it reboot after that won't boot at all like that.... i didn't know why it does that....

i did try anything to fix but seem not work at all... same as that screen BIOS and i did try to cleaned the CMOS and power unplug and battery (battery for CMOS) were removed and left there for about 10 mins but i put it back and same as that screen.... i'm so pissed off at what went wrong!!!!!

#25 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:45 AM

:christo: man, i know it can be so frustrating...it could be a chipset error, or a power problem. these things happen. i'm really surprised you didn't get any error beeps. is this system hooked to a ups? i had an issue where our power from the poll was too strong, and ended up shutting down systems, blowing up light fixtures, and the like, or the reverse, where you had too little of the correct current, same goes for your psu. that's why i asked if you had tried removing items from the system, to see if you could go any further. i wish i could help you more. hey, have a beer and relax. a clue just might present itself if you are not directly focused on it...

#26 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:10 AM

By any chance did you pop out the Mainboard battery, and happen to put it back in the wrong way?

#27 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:48 AM

i don't thought that UPS.... hmm i think may you're right but there was not corrupt the power unless i got it repost from my own UPS let me check if any about power ..... ..... ..... nope not have any high volt or corrupt....

TomHP and i same in area that why.....

#28 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:50 AM

I'm not idiot about battery i did 2 times check before it turn PC on

#29 Lyle

Lyle

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:56 AM

well PSU still work fine because when i turn on the PC the fan is on and CPU's fan is on..... and there boot up there i see BIOS but after that frozen BIOS not able control because of BIOS frozen and the keyboard won't work at all

#30 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:59 AM

uh, cam, can you have a talk with dave...?

:christo:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users