4 replies to this topic

#1 error51

error51

Elite Newsposter

• Newsposter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:24 AM

Well I went to an assembly today at my school and just thought I would share a little bit with you. It is one of the first assemblies in my 4 year high school career that I haven't gone to Starbucks during and it was really worth going to. Just take a second and read this, you never know how it will affect you. The next time you walk by someone you don't know, just give them a smile and say hi; you never know what kind of an effect you will have on someone's life.

Rachel Scott was a student at Columbine High School in Colorado during the worst school shooting in United States history. Rachel and twelve of her fellow classmates and teachers died on April 20th, 1999 when two gunmen went postal on her school. Rachel was the first person to be killed. While she lived a short life, her sister Dana shared with my school about how well spent Rachel's life was.

Rachel had a theory that I've put in my signature. Pretty much it goes along the lines of a little bit of kindness goes a long ways. Rachel didn't judge people by their groups, skin color, or anything else. She kept diaries that her family found in which she wrote about her life. She wrote an essay that her family found that stated her code of ethics.

Rachel's family now dedicates their time to going to schools and events around the world to share Rachel's story. The program that they created, Rachel's Challenge, has been nationally recognized by U.S. President George W. Bush as a great service to our nation. Rachel's memorial service was broadcasted live on CNN and to date is the most watched service ever on CNN.

About Rachel

Rachel's Challenge Website

#2 simon

simon

simon says Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:36 AM

theres a video somewhere that I have seen I will look for it and have it posted.... I was not able to find the video but heres a site that tells what happen that day for every 1 that does not know http://www.geocities...327/school.html...

Edited by simon, 04 May 2006 - 06:46 AM.

#3 ShadowFox

ShadowFox

High Priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts
  • Interests:An abundance :P

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

page not found simon ;)

#4 simon

simon

simon says Post