#1 Leo

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:19 PM

Anyone here with Vista5231 INSTALLED??
Tell us your experiences we want to know all about it.
Here mine.
Antispyware.........Not Running
Games................Not all running
Power settings........NEW and I´m still learning to handle it :)
Mediaplayer.......Beautyfull but no new functions
Activation..........NOT possible with the known key
Ram..........I have 512Mb ram and have 244Mb free working with Vista
Stability.........OK
Installing games/Programs/Sound.........compabilitymode for windows XP
Tomorrow more
:P

#2 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

I found Vista is starting to look better and in some respects Microsoft have gone backwards with this build.

Yes DWM works better than in 5219 but for some unknown and stupid reason my CD/DVD didn't find itself even though i used it for install...it reminds me of Windows 95 that sometimes if you used the 98 start up disk you'd get CD support and install with CD but once in the OS...its not there :P

MS really need to carry on upwards, i do think this is my favourite build and don't forget they haven't finished it and also new features are in this one including a new system rating system, Vista will mark your computer on how well suited for vista it is...mmm, i ain't sure i like that!

With my hardware other than my DVD/CD drive it works excellent and even without tweaking it really did well and LOGON WAS FASTER THAN XP :o as was logging off for me, why i have no idea :)

ANYWAY i think i will get vista providing MS make it more friendly with current PC's, the so called build from hell LH 4015 uses LESS RAM with the buggy sidebar activated...all those promises of older pc's using it are now officially GONE, less than 256mb ram and a decent CPU and you'll be crying out if you want all the heavy Vista features, come the final build maybe that will get even WORSE

BILL SORT IT OUT MAN!

#3 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:50 PM

buggy, much more so then 5219 (my main os atm). i was expecting a bit more
stability then the leaked winmain, but didn't get it. and 300+ mb at idle :P :)
back to 5219, which is activated...

#4 tc1

tc1

Charlie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Anything concerning computers

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

Found many bugs, more than i want to list, but it is shaping up, maybe beta 2, will get it's act together

#5 tntoak

tntoak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:09 AM

First of all, I was surprised that it automatically installed the x64 build (as evidenced by the presence of the SysWOW64 folder inside the WINDOWS directory.

I have had some odd video issues associated with opening additional windows or one of the included games. Basically, the screen started flashing in sections and the display was garbled. However, closing the open windows resolved it.

I also have played around w/ the new control panels. The mobile panel isn't working right (half the options are grayed out, and it lists my wireless card as disabled, even though it's connected to the network). There are also a few control panels that apparently have not been enabled yet, as clicking on them does nothing at all.

Visually, I am getting the full Aero effect (Athlon64 laptop, ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 w/ 64MB dedicated), and it looks cleaner. The one thing I haven't gotten used to yet is the absence of menus at the top of the windows. Tabbed browsing in IE7 is nice (and a clone of Firefox's, down to the CTRL-T to open a new tab)., but it's still IE.

Once I have more time to mess with it, I'll give some more detailed impressions of Vista. But I will say that I think it's much further along than XP was at this point in its development cycle.

#6 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:26 AM

using it for a lil while now and ive found that progress is going quite well. Beta 2 should blow yall away. Theres plenty of bugs but its still beta 1 states so we cant complain too much.

#7 clarky3429

clarky3429

No I will not fix your computer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:01 AM

i am yet to test vista out for myself

#8 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:03 AM

This is all cool stuff, i agree the Aero/DWM stuff is much better and just leaves n00bs like me in shock :)

#9 BlueScreenOfDeath

BlueScreenOfDeath

~* Hardware & Beta Guru *~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:56 PM

u think this is somethin...what your playing with is Aero Express.... the real Aero will truely blow ya away

#10 Neon

Neon

Karl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:09 PM

That puts a real slant on my opinion...VISTA IS TOP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users