very nice nvy :)

#32 nitram

nitram

NITRISCO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

Dave whats your system specs as you only scored 4.0 and i got 4.2. Are you running a 64bit rig?

#33 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

View Postnitram, on Sep 2 2006, 12:17 PM, said:

Dave whats your system specs as you only scored 4.0 and i got 4.2. Are you running a 64bit rig?
No, this is installed on a 32bit system, 1GIG RAM We have both builds :)

#34 dn2004

dn2004

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

nice :)

#35 nitram

nitram

NITRISCO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:15 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Sep 2 2006, 08:31 PM, said:

No, this is installed on a 32bit system, 1GIG RAM We have both builds :)

Mines a 32bit rig but im going to have to get me a 64bit rig just to see the performance differents.

#36 tc1

tc1

Charlie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Interests:Anything concerning computers

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

Nice Nvy. :smoke:

#37 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

OK all, the batcave is open for business! Contact nvyseal or m.oreilly via PM for more info! Enjoy! :lol:

#38 dn2004

dn2004

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

View PostNvyseal, on Sep 3 2006, 07:40 AM, said:

OK all, the batcave is open for business! Contact nvyseal or m.oreilly via PM for more info! Enjoy! :lol:

whats the batcave? Vista RC1 seems more stable then 5536 did on my desktop ...

I am however having problems with my NVIDIA GeForce 6600 LE & Vista RC1, The drivers RC1 installed as default. If I did a System rating tool to get my system rating (Control Panel\System and Maintenance\Performance Information and Tools, then click on Rate this computer ) it would go through the process and get about 60% through, the monitor then turns off and the system is still running... wait a few minutes and nothing hit return and get thrown the BSOD, which informs me it is the graphics drivers. I then uninstalled the drivers and downloaded the official x86 30mb+ drivers for Vista RC1 from Nvidia.com.

I then had the issue of Installing the drivers it said that I wasnt running Vista, I assumed it was to do with the install setup I have

C:\ Drive : XP
D:\ Drive : Documents, Media, Files + Backups
E:\ Drive : Vista RC1

I found that the RC1 Drivers had extracted into C:\NVIDIA\WinVista\96.33, and I assume it was detected XP as my default operating system, so I then copied over those Drivers to E:\ so it created C:\NVIDIA\WinVista\96.33 and then ran the setup.exe from that folder... same error... So I then decided to manually installing the drivers from device manager...and success! it worked... try the system rating tool again... same problem monitor switches off at around 60% wait.. nothing hit return and nothing no BSOD this time! my card worked fine with xp but I am now facing issues either GeForce 6600 LE isnt compatible with Vista or the RC1 drivers dont install correctly! but on Nvidia site it says GeForce 6600 LE is Vista Ready

How can I go about installing the setup correctly when dual booting, as I think this is the issue all files are not being installed properly as I have been forced to manually install.

Edited by dn2004, 03 September 2006 - 02:35 PM.

#39 nitram

nitram

NITRISCO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:05 PM

Im not sure what microsoft expected from this biuld as i see no difference to 5536. I think M$ should have waited a little longer before giveing us 55600.

#40 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:49 PM

dn2004, the vista boot loader takes over, and will always call itself C. did the nvidia gpu driver come as an .exe, or a manual install package? i'm just using the stock one in RC1. are your "drives" partitions or physical?

#41 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

anyone else having this "issue"? my floppy drive seems to disappear after 5600 has been running for a few minutes, and only shows up after a reboot... :lol:

#42 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Sep 3 2006, 01:43 PM, said:

anyone else having this "issue"? my floppy drive seems to disappear after 5600 has been running for a few minutes, and only shows up after a reboot... :lol:
Nope, mine is here!
Attached File  Floppy.jpg   227.27K   76 downloads

Maybe it just shrinkage! :lol:

Now turning to some bigger news...

Vista RC1 Evaluation and Resource Kit

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate Windows Vistaâ„¢ with your Windows Vista Beta 2 Evaluation and Resource Kit. Windows Vista, the soon-to-be-released desktop operating system from Microsoft, offers substantial benefits to information workers, developers, and IT professionals. Windows Vista Ultimate is the most comprehensive edition of Windows Vista. It is the first operating system that combines all of the advanced infrastructure features of a business-focused operating system, all of the management and efficiency features of a mobility-focused operating system, and all of the digital entertainment features of a consumer-focused operating system.

Register for your copy of the Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Evaluation and Resource Kit

With the Windows Vista RC1 Kit, you will not only get the refreshed versions of the same great experiences you had with the Windows Vista Beta 2 Evaluation and Resource Kit, you will also get some new features, tools and resources to evaluate including:

* Software and tools
* Documentation and guidance
* Resources and information
* Monitored newsgroup support for your Windows Vista RC1 evaluation experience

There is a US$9.95* cost for this kit to cover shipping and handling to U.S. addresses. Express delivery and shipping to non-U.S. addresses are available for an additional charge.

Source, Microsoft

#43 dn2004

dn2004

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

Hello m.oreilly,

My floppy drive is fine, as for the graphic issue you mentioned windows will make the drive it is installed on this however isnt the case

as you can tell C: is xp in vista
E: is vista and for some odd reason K is now my media/backup drive

and I have extracted the drivers install and it wont install running from C as it says vista isnt installed same happens when i run the extracted installer from E

Attached Files

#44 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:01 PM

i see...i haven't tried installing and using a common loader since the early betas. before, vista would always take C, and give xp, etc., different letters than what they were to begin with. i'll try the nvidia gpu drivers this afternoon...

#45 dn2004

dn2004

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:14 PM

View Postm.oreilly, on Sep 3 2006, 11:01 PM, said:

i see...i haven't tried installing and using a common loader since the early betas. before, vista would always take C, and give xp, etc., different letters than what they were to begin with. i'll try the nvidia gpu drivers this afternoon...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users