Have you run CPU-Z yet?

#92 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

yeah i have cpu-z. heres what it says at idol.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: cpu_z.jpg
  • Attached Image: cpuz_mem.jpg

#93 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

:bluerip: look at your cpu core vcc .968v is way too low. Make sure u hhave the latest ver of cpu-z (cpuid) , check in the bios under health/management window and check there the cpu voltage to be sure, your stock cpu core voltage should be 1.35v, u check the spd at the desired mem bus speed (667mhz for 1333mem) to get correct settings for the mem OR go to the manf website and get the timings for the exact mem u have at the stock speed ......my OCZ platinum xtc DDR3 1600 the settings for 1600mhz (800mhz mem bus) 7-7-7-24 although mine runs fine at tras=22 . mem voltage should be about 1.65v :giggle: oh yeah make sure u disable amd cool and quiet, and spread spectrum in bios.

Edited by stormrosson, 21 November 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#94 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

View Poststormrosson, on Nov 21 2009, 10:57 AM, said:

:bluerip: look at your cpu core vcc .968v is way too low. Make sure u hhave the latest ver of cpu-z (cpuid) , check in the bios under health/management window and check there the cpu voltage to be sure, your stock cpu core voltage should be 1.35v, u check the spd at the desired mem bus speed (667mhz for 1333mem) to get correct settings for the mem OR go to the manf website and get the timings for the exact mem u have at the stock speed ......my OCZ platinum xtc DDR3 1600 the settings for 1600mhz (800mhz mem bus) 7-7-7-24 although mine runs fine at tras=22 . mem voltage should be about 1.65v :storm: oh yeah make sure u disable amd cool and quiet, and spread spectrum in bios.

Hey storm, thanks for helping a member out :giggle:

#95 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

i disabled it, and put everything to stock and it still is failing. Now my usb harddrive is not being recognized. Im about to rma everything!! arghh!! thank you for you help storm and nvy much appreciated. any more ideas?

#96 Nvyseal

Nvyseal

Chairman of the Board

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

View Postbizketman101, on Nov 21 2009, 11:39 AM, said:

i disabled it, and put everything to stock and it still is failing. Now my usb harddrive is not being recognized. Im about to rma everything!! arghh!! thank you for you help storm and nvy much appreciated. any more ideas?
Try one stick of ram if it still fails try the other, or do a mem test. also did you run the DX11 setup in win7?

#97 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

:bluerip: the spd on the ram often dosen't have the extended jedec spec for the ram speed u have so clearing the cmos and starting over will just let spd set the ram timings which may be incorrect, u ghould do some online homework regarding memory configuration ,jedec standards etc. It's rarely the h/w at fault if it boots and installs an os, any home build requires some knowledge of hardware settings and tuning. Go to some sites and find out what u need to know, you'll be all the better for the knowledge gained. :giggle:

#98 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:38 PM

I went to ocz and stock timing is 9 9 9 24 @1.65v. But what I dont understand is i can run one stick for about 20 mins now on Prime95 with no issue, then i try the other and it maybe goes for a few minuets. Maybe one bad stick of ram? or is it the timing? Im going to hop into bios and manually set it to 9 9 9 24 with both sticks and see what happens. thanks for the help! :bluerip:

#99 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

:bluerip: definately set the timing manually and kik the voltage up to 1.7 too. Make sure the cpu core voltage is at 1.35v :giggle:

#100 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:39 AM

9 9 9 24 @1.7v ish is what i set it to right before you posted that and so far both dimms are running correctly. thank you for the advice! I googled this issue and someone with a very similar build had this issue about a week ago and a member on that board said he put his ocz ram to about 1.95v. My msi said that was to high so i settled for 1.7 and p95 hasnt froze in about 15 mins of solid running! wahooo!! :bluerip:

#101 m.oreilly

m.oreilly

rog'er wilco

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:11 AM

strom is the man :bluerip:

#102 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:23 AM

:bluerip: Rock n roll Biz, now in bios under advanced mem settings, make sure unganged mode is disabled ,this will put your mem in dual channel 128 bit mode too. Check the mobo manual and make sure your dimms are occupying the correct slots for dual channel :giggle:

#103 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

they are! and its disabled! thanks for the help! :giggle: :bluerip:

#104 stormrosson

stormrosson

Established Member

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

:giggle: np Biz :bluerip:

#105 bizketman101

bizketman101

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

New additions:

22" LG 1080p monitor
LiteOn SATA dvd burner w/ lightscribe.

either this weekend or next ill be purchasing a swiftech H20-220 water-cooling kit here

pictures coming soon!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users